1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Removing escape mechanisms to increase self-awareness

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by CrispyMac, Mar 14, 2019.

1. CrispyMac

CrispyMac Fapstronaut

I have been on NoFap for around 120 days or so and have been straight edge for around a month. I think removing these distractions has made me realize that I am a narcissist. I've been thinking a lot about the way I treat people and also why I spend a lot of my time alone been single for most of my adult life (i'm 29).

I am feeling a sadness that I have not felt before and I am starting to look at my own faults for my unhappiness instead of looking at other people or the world. Narcissism is a scary thing to start realizing about yourself because it takes a massive amount of effort to try and cure yourself of it.

Has anyone else experienced greater self awareness since being on nofap and removing other escape mechanisms? I have read about people feeling very sad and also losing friends throughout the nofap process. I cut off one of my best friends recently because I realized he was a narcissist too and that we were bad for each other.

I am interested to hear other peoples experiences.

justafriend likes this.