1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Religion

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by sombrero23, Sep 8, 2017.

What's your religion

1. Christianity

20 vote(s)
    39.2%
  2. Islam

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. Judaism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Buddhism

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  5. Hinduism

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Other

6 vote(s)
    11.8%
  7. Atheism

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  1. Brighter

Brighter New Fapstronaut

Why only One God and not two or more than two gods?
    Our description has made it clear that the Creator and Originator of all things was before everything, that night and day and time and hours are originated, and that their Originator Who administers and manages them exists before them, since it is impossible for something to originate something unless its originator exists before it. (It is also clear that) God’s word:

“Don’t (the unbelievers) look at the camels (and reflect) how they were created, and at the heaven how it was raised, and at the mountains how they were set up, and at the earth how it was spread out flat? (Quran 88:17-20)

contains the most eloquent evidence and the most effective proofs for those who use reason to reflect and the mind to be instructed, that the Creator of all those things is eternal and that everything of their kind is originated and has a Creator that is not similar to them. That is because everything mentioned by our Lord in this verse, the mountains, the earth, the camels, is dealt with and administered by man, who may move it around and manage it, who may dig, cut, and tear down, none of which he is prevented from doing. Yet, beyond that, man is not able to bring anything of that into existence without a basis (to work from). This was referred to in History of Attabari.

The conclusion is that the one who is incapable of originating those things could not have originated himself and that the one who is not prevented from managing and organizing whatever he wishes could not have been brought into existence by someone like himself and he did not bring himself into existence. Further, the One Who brought (man) up and gave him substantial (‘ayn) existence is the One Who is not incapable of (doing) anything He wishes, and He is not prevented from originating anything He wants. He is “God Unique and Forceful.” (Quran 12:39)

Someone might ask:

Why should it be disapprovable to assume that the things you have mentioned result from the action of two eternal (beings)?

The reply would be:

We disapprove of that because we find that the administration is continuous and the creation perfect. We say:

If the administrators were two, they would necessarily either agree or disagree. If they agree, the two would conceptually be one, and the one would be made two merely by positing two.

If they differ, it would be impossible to find the existence of the creation perfect and (its) administration continuous. For each one of two who differ does what is different from what his fellow does . If one gives life, the other causes death . If one of them produces existence, the other produces annihilation . It would thus be impossible for anything in creation to exist in the perfection and continuity it does.

God’s words: “If there were other gods except God in (heaven and earth), both would be ruined. Praised be God, Lord of the Throne, (who is above) what they describe“; (Quran 21:22) and: “God has not taken to Himself a child , and there has been no god together with Him. Otherwise, each god would have gone off with what he created and risen over the others. Praised be God (who is above) what they describe. He knows what is unseen and what is observable, and He is exalted above their associating (other gods with Him)” (Quran 23:91) -these words of God are the most eloquent evidence and the most concise explanation as well as the most effective proof for the falsehood of those falsehood-mongers who associate (other gods) with God.

That is because, if there were another god except God in the heavens and the earth, the condition of the two as to agreement and disagreement would necessarily be the one I have described. Saying that there may be agreement implies that saying they are two is wrong. It confirms the oneness of God and is an absurd statement in as much as the one who makes it calls the one two. Saying that there may be disagreement indicates ruin for the heavens and the earth, as our Lord says : “If there were other gods except God in them, both would be ruined.” (Quran 21:22) For if one originates and creates something, it would be the other’s business to put it out of existence and invalidate it. That is because the actions of two who differ are different, just as fire that warms and snow that cools what fire has warmed.

Hopeful Egyptian likes this.
  2. Hopeful Egyptian

Hopeful Egyptian Fapstronaut

Great brother. 2 captain for one ship definitely will sink.

3. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

4. I'm christian. I value my relationship with God tremendously and while there is some disinfomation to sort through the religious aspect is valuable as well. I've experienced the metaphysical and have also experienced multiple forms of paranormal activity from childhood so I don't have a skeptical bone in my body. There were many periods in my life where I've experienced changes in circumstance after focused prayer and fasting. I've experienced Gods guidance even while living in sin. I believe the fact that I everyone has a conscience in line with the biblical God's character is proof that we were created through intelligent design. I've had tons of friends make claims that the bible has been altered in various ways or consisted of primarily alegory, but noone can refute or argue against the fact that If we obeyed Jesus's instruction, we would be living in a utopia.
    I value that fact that when I am connected and obedient to God I become a more powerful person in regards to the fact that I am able to overcome temptations, deal with adversity more effiiciently, forgive others more easily and I'm generally not worried. I started abstaining from PMO after coming experiencing the benefits of deeper connection with God and beginning to realize that really dont need much outside of my relationship with God to be happy.
    I'm somewhat concerned about the fact that I've been distracted by worthless sins and my own selfishness and have not made the most of many of the gifts God has blessed me with but the closer I get to God the more fulfilled I feel so I'm not at all worried.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. BalancedLife

BalancedLife Fapstronaut

6. Hopeful Egyptian

May you explain more please? What do you mean religion is truth of blood? And muslims have best afterlife?

7. Hopeful Egyptian

With respect, I don’t agree with the photo. Can’t explain exactly why, but it shows nudity and not compiled with islam.

8. ShiningMoon88

ShiningMoon88 Fapstronaut

You don't agree about the hoors or about showing them nude? It was likely painted by a European, in any case. Whoever painted it should've used blonde vikings, instead.

The truth of the blood is the truth of the race-soul, which contains the collective highest good of different peoples. For example, for an Arab it may seem natural to have more-than-one wife, if he can handle it, while for a European it would (back in saner days) have been seen as excessive and degenerate. All morality and culture comes from the race-soul, that is, of the blood that runs through the race. Collectively and individually maximizing the potential of ourselves and of our race is the all-encompassing goal of life. And Muslims have the best afterlife because it's a perfect version of this world. It's like Gnosticism (in the sense of this world being a down-graded version of another) without the reincarnation. One life, one test. Optimistic cosmology.

*That's not to say that one culture or morality is better than another, just different. Unless you hurt kids or animals. I'm thinking of circumcision and kosher slaughter.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  9. Hopeful Egyptian

I agree with hoor, but not to show such paintings. We can’t draw what we expect or what is divine. For example, we can’t draw prophets.
    I can’t understand all what you mentioned, but can conclude your idea. You see. To read :) though make sure not to depend on media and know the frank material before sharing any incase there is something wrong, just an advice. You mentioned a point concerning marriage, you are almost right, but this was to help women who are in bad situations (like poor, have kids, prevent people from talking if woman fall in adultry) not for just lust. I am not mentioning people taking those permissions by their own thinking. These people same as extremists, who misunderstand islam and made people think of it wrongly.
    Still I don’t get all of your terms, like gnosticism or so, looks like christian terms.
    I see it’s good to have such afterlife, it’s like having a quiz to prepare you for a final exam. To work hard a whole year to succeed at the finals and get releif and good job.
    The truth of the blood. We don’t have exact term. But we beleive in all prophets and all heavenly religions ( jewish and christianity), God don’t treat people by fake claims and just do prayings or hypocrisy (actually hypocrites go to hell). But treat people with the good deeds they do, applying actually what quran ordered us to do. And i am not sheikh (muslim priest) and not judgemental.