1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship help

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by zx125, Jun 3, 2016.

1. zx125

zx125 Fapstronaut

I have been m'ing since I was about twelve or thirteen years old and I continued doing so until quite recently. I have never been able to have a relationship due to social anxiety and lack of confidence, and I think I have used M'ing as a substitute for a relationship.
    I want to change from being like that and work towards having a real relationship.
    Part of that change is stopping M'ing which I gave up for a few months last year before starting again at Christmas. I have given up M'ing again for about a month now.

I know it's not going to be easy but could somebody offer me any advise about looking a relationship? I am thinking of trying online dating.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  2. @zx125

Hello Mate,

It is definitely good thing that you are looking for serious relationship.

What I would suggest is not to go exclusively online dating but instead of that combine normal dating and online dating.

Reasons for this:

1. On the online dating sites it usually looks like girls are getting plenty of replies (sometimes several hundreds and guys usually only few)

2. There is a huge competition.

3. If you don't make the girl interested shortly, it is likely, it will not lead anywhere.
    (You can wait for quite long for answers, which never come)

4. Some girls are there to elevate their self-esteem. Not really interested to meet you. Just in guys writing them.

5. Setbacks can lead to PMO.

6. A lot of people see Online Dating as their last hope... So sometimes, there are strange people over there with not up-to-date pictures etc...

7. What I would suggest:

A. Be funny.
    B. Have high standards.
    C. Care but do not be needy.
    D. Show her that you are better than one night stand
    //

I would also suggest you improve your normal dating skills.

I mean you will have to meet her eventually.

I am sure you know, that if you come to a girl and start to talk, they get an adrenaline rush (well unless you are drunk is at 2 AM in the morning)

And they are flattered. They really appreciate guys for that because they never do that themselves.

One last thing, It happens that occasionally you will meet someone in "not the best mood".

Don't be bothered with their reaction...

Wish them a "good day" or "good evening" and let them go.

Reason: Sometimes they realize their mistake and they come back.

P.S. Consider to upgrade your style and get some kick ass photos. Be simply the guy, you would like you daughter to date.

3. zx125

zx125 Fapstronaut

Hi,
    1. I was thinking of online dating because I find the idea of just approaching someone quite daunting. I men I haven't got much experience, and I am not very confident so I worry about making a fool of myself. I can see there are some problems with online dating, I mean I have tried it in the past and didn't get any replies, but it seems less of a risk than just approaching someone and risking being rejected.