Relapsing After 3 Months

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Iamthemasterofmylife, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Iamthemasterofmylife

Iamthemasterofmylife Fapstronaut

Don't really know where to start so I'm just going to jump right in.

I've discovered NF about 6-7 months ago and have been trying to abstain from PMO ever since.

My first streaks were 2 weeks, then 1 week, then 3 weeks. After that, I've decided a more solutions-approach by using sticky notes on walls to take off for everyday I did not fail. Lo and behold 3 months later and I never felt better and was proud of the period I have achieved of having control. Recently, however, I've started a job that pretty much took over my life. It's been a week now, and I haven't spent as much time with my girl, my family or my friends because of this job and then... woosh, I relapsed just earlier. I have never felt such tremendous guilt and disappointment, and all the "should haves" rushed into me. It sucked to say that I failed after 3 months and would love to bounce right back, this time aiming for one whole year, and I know its going to be hard. So that's why I took this chance to create an account here, and for once publicly commit to it towards a bunch of guys who believe in self-control and discipline. That's all I have for my first post, I'm going to need a lot of support fellas and any tips any advises will be surely considered generously. :)

This isn't who I am, I know myself and the greatness I can achieve. I am a gentleman of self-control and wisdom, and I have my peers to back me up with this (AKA you guys)

hej0g, Flyhigh and Code Hero like this.
  2. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

I think you made a great job already. The relapse, it's just a bump on the road, if we fall we shouldn't stay there but get up and walk again.

Iamthemasterofmylife likes this.
  3. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

Iamthemasterofmylife likes this.
  4. Iamthemasterofmylife

Iamthemasterofmylife Fapstronaut

Partly I just close my laptop now, another is I go workout so I take my mind off. One thing that helped tremendously is physically seeing how many days I've gone through, so I just use either a calendar or sticky notes and just rip or pull off the days I went through without failing and seeing the tremendous success I've had. It's day 2 now, and it's rough since I'm sick and can't workout while I have work in a few hours. Any suggestions on what I can do to pull my mind away?

5. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

6. Rein

Rein Fapstronaut

Ive had a few relapses lately after a 60 day streak so I can relate. Just think of your day count as 2 days closer to a no pmo lifestyle it's time to get back on that train an achieve your goals.

D . J . likes this.