1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Recovering

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Rahul23, Dec 17, 2023.

1. Rahul23

Rahul23 Fapstronaut

Can anyone tell me how much expected time reqd to fully recovered from the addiction of 11-12 years ?

2. Someonefrom1981

Someonefrom1981 Fapstronaut

i think that no one really can tell you this, i´m on day 57.
    the difference in life is already enourmous but it depends on how you´re addiction is.
    I was heavely addicted, a real problem user.
    for years and years..
    I tried several of times to get this far, and it has gotten easier over time.
    I would just say, don´t waste another day..
    it doesn´t matter when you are fully recovered..

Rahul23 likes this.
  3. The general guideline is 90-days, but I think that is just an average. One thing that I have learned about human nature is that we like to quantify things; it helps us measure progress, give us cold-hard measurements. When it comes to recovering from addiction, I think milestones is a much better measurement of progress, not the number of days. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that each individual is different. Some can do it in 90-days... Some in less days... Some in more days. When you make it to 90-days and if you feel like nothing has changed or you have made little progress, do not be discouraged. Just keep fighting the good fight!

Awkward Lady, Rahul23 and Jefe Rojo like this.
  4. It’s different for everyone but for me, the first 18 months were difficult, after that, it’s been pretty much effortless. I last looked at P about 14 years ago.

5. Suchy

Suchy Fapstronaut

It's been 4 months for me. still in a flat line, no libido, no drive. wet dreams twice, morning wood appears, but only 80% of the time and there are days when they don't occur. the most important thing for me is to recover, of course I would like to recover as soon as possible, but basically I know that I will never go back to this shit. what's amazing about a flat line is that I'm not attracted to it at all.

Rahul23 likes this.
  6. Prophet Harry

Prophet Harry Fapstronaut

Everyone is different... Some people take more time to recover than others.

Rahul23 likes this.
  7. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

It can take 90 days to do your first reboot. Full recovery takes 12 to 36 months to ensure that you’re not going to have a relapse within that. How long really takes for you depends on how desperate and how fast you attack the issues that you encounter in Recovery and how much you’re willing to change and give up to create a new life. If you hold onto things and resist change it can take years decades, or more before you see significant progress.

Rahul23 and Jefe Rojo like this.