1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommended Read

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by rexsuccess, Oct 21, 2017.

1. rexsuccess

rexsuccess Fapstronaut

Hey fam,
    I recommend you guys read this book, the power of habit. What the book talks about is that almost everything we do is a habit, It tells how habit are formed knowingly and unknowingly by us and that if we are able to identify the power of habit we would be able to form new and better lifestyle habits.
    Basically, there are 3 things that form a habit. We have the Cue (the cause that triggers the habit), the routine ( what you do after the habit is triggered which is mostly the core of the habit) and the reward ( what you get after completing the habit) and all this is powered by a craving (strong desire for a reward). Understanding this can be key to beating pmo.
    By the way, I also have a question. I figured out that on friday nights , Saturday and sunday afternoons are the times the urges can get me the most ( cue= boredom, loneliness). Can you guys suggest what fun activities (routine = maybe exercising) I can do between that time to keep myself busy (reward = escape feelings you don't like ). I hope catch my drift