Read or heard a book, comics challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Revanthegrey, Jun 9, 2022.

Do you want to keep the audiobook section?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2023.
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Hi

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Person_Need_To_Change

Person_Need_To_Change Fapstronaut

2. Person_Need_To_Change

@Revanthegrey is there a problem with reading 2 different books or more to prevent getting bored. or it can make me distracted?

ConstantineReboot likes this.
  3. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Well i never tried to read two books honestly so i don't know the results but yeah there are some boring acts on the stories.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  4. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Welcome to the challenge :emoji_nerd::emoji_chart_with_upwards_trend::emoji_bulb:

5. Person_Need_To_Change

sorry I won't be active here these days cuz I have exams and assignments, and main tasks are way more important than side tasks as they are considered as self improving too. Good luck with Nofap and Reading...See you later

Bye

6. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Hi there,
    Can I still join? I used to read a lot but I was kinda busy and other things like PMO, gaming took over my time. I guess I need to get some more motivation. Currently I'm reading:
    "The Subtle Art of Not Givint a F*ck" by Mark Manson. But I'm going to read "Man vs. Beast" by R. Muchamore (it's book 6 in Cherub series).

7. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Hi yeah welcome to the challenge :emoji_spy: :emoji_chart_with_upwards_trend::emoji_books::emoji_scroll:

ConstantineReboot and Don80 like this.
  8. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

1. "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F#ck" (in progress)

I've hit page 159. The book helped me to reorganize my goals. Today I was going to finish reading it and put it on my list for this challenge but I realized that it's not about reading as many books as possible. The reading process is a reward itself. It made me think differently. It's not a race. This is good book about setting priorities in life. I really recommend.

9. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

upload_2022-12-4_10-44-6.jpeg

Well i read before sleep but i will change again that strategie to complete the last book.

10. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

1. "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F#ck" (in progress)
    2. Cherub Series "Divine Madness" (5 percent on the e-reader)

I decided to read a novel before going to sleep. It often helped me to go to sleep and stay away from relapsing. Novels are cool. I like the fight scene between teenage trainee agents in their dojo. I guess I felt like a teenager again when I was reading it.

As for the first book, I'm gonna read it when I'm fully focused in order to understand it and retain the information.

@Revanthegrey Reading two books at the same time is OK. I know some people who do that. But the problem with me is that I often stop at some point and have no time or motivation to continue. I forget what I've read.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
  11. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

1. "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F#ck" Completed :emoji_sunglasses:

I'm glad I accomplished something. I often caught myself buying books, starting them but not finishing. Reading to the end will teach me determination. I'm gonna return to this book.

12. Hi there, @Revanthegrey , I hope you recognise me,
    we were part of NoFap challenge.

last time It didnt work for me.
    this time I made some changes to my lifestyle.

I wish to join this reading challenge.

what all should be done?

13. hey @Revanthegrey , could you please explain me how to get day counter at the end of my messages.

14. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

1. "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F#ck" (complete)
    2. Cherub Series "Divine Madness" (12 percent on the e-reader)

What I just realized is that reading non-fiction is totally different than reading fiction. I guess probably different brain hemispheres are working. The left one for non-fiction. The right one for fiction. When you read fiction, imagination keeps working.

"Divine Madness" - great read, a lot of action, teenage agents want to prevent a terrorist attact in Hong Kong. Another great novel by Robert Muchamore.

15. Debapriya

Debapriya Fapstronaut

Book 2- Jurassic park by Michael Crichton

16. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

I loved the film but reading a book must be more enjoyable, right?

17. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

1. "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F#ck" (complete)
    2. Cherub Series "Divine Madness" (17 percent on the e-reader)

It was kinda of a challenge because I'm pretty busy today.

18. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Yes i remember , good to see you back man, you have to go on "update day counter" , there is on the top of the page.
    Do clic there and then put the day and hour of your last reset and that's it :)

19. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Wow what are you thoughts about the book?
    I heard it is more violent and it is really different to the movie like a horror story.
    It's true?

ConstantineReboot and Don80 like this.
  20. Sirius White

Sirius White Fapstronaut

and my 7th finished book is - Thomas Mann´s "The Magic Mountain"