1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last book you read

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 24, 2022.

1. goldiz

goldiz New Fapstronaut

Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari. Great non fiction book. I wrote an essay about this book and got the highest score in the class. I found expert essay writing services EssayShark and their writers helped me to write essay at high level. Useful tool for grammar check and proofreading. I think such services are great option for students.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
    Meshuga likes this.
  2. KevinesKay

KevinesKay Fapstronaut

Where the Heart is by Billie Letts

I'm giving this 5/5.

My wife doesn't read much, but she recalls reading this one and telling me that it was so much better than the movie. So I decided to read it. I like reading romance because it helps me to get a picture of women.

My thoughts is that the movie did a very good job following along with the book. But I understand my wife's beliefs that the book was much richer.

I was intrigued with the idea of women from humble pasts feeling the need to be attractive to that one man that would treasure them.

I noticed that several characters had physical flaws. Novalee had a huge scar on her arm and a little one on near her lip from a knife attack when she was a teenager. Furney, her male friend, would notice and touch the one on her lip showing attraction to the flaw.

After Lexie was beaten up and put into the hospital, she was left with a deformed lip and eyelid. Yet, her new husband was still attracted to those features and thought her eye and lip were beautiful.

Willy Jack had a run in with a young barmaid that was missing her two front teeth and he was turned on by the gap in her mouth.

Women are all different and have imperfections. Yet, how amazing they would feel to have their men find these imperfections beautiful. Which can be absolutely true in real life.

3. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
    3/10

I hated this book and if it ended with all the characters being killed I wouldn't have cared. I thought the book would help me understand women better but every character in the novel annoyed me. I skimmed most of the book because I didn't care.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2023