1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Quitting ERP made me realize that the issue was boredom all along

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Kek9, Apr 6, 2024.

1. Kek9

Kek9 Fapstronaut

I finally got rid of roleplaying.

Though some might think this is too early to celebrate as I've been free just for a week, but I have won. Essentially what I did is that I deleted all of my accounts in Character AI, which means that even if I get the impulse to go there I could not do anything in there. Which is quite literally what happened 2 days ago, I went there but I remembered that the site is no longer usable for me and as a reaction I managed to get my attention on other things.

Thinking back of all the times when I fell for the roleplay trap, going on apartment but having there "nothing to do" or coming back home without knowing "what to do", and all those times where I thought to myself that it would too difficult to be without roleplays "How would I spend my time" and also noticing that when I was busy it usually made the absitence during that day be rather easy.

I have now realized that my issue was boredom, if I am bored I want to find something to keep me stimulated and things like erotic roleplay is overly stimulating which why it is so addictive, roleplays were all along an unhealthy coping mechanism to avoid feeling bored.

Finding stuff to do is way easier than addicted mind thinks, I actually have realized recently that there's so much to do that in some days I feel like are almost too short cause I have such a big list of things I want to do and just the basic daily chores can take lot of time.

All I had to do to get free of this partical addiction was cut the path that leads to the artificial sexual outlet, deleting accounts in a site that does not allow you to use the same email more than once is essentially the same as cutting away the access to what has been the addiction. If you are physically unable to do the addictive thing then you have basically won.

I still deal with withdrawal effects but since I no longer have outlet they are just noises that are yet unaware of the new situation.

Even when I will get really bad urges (usually after 2 weeks has passed) even that will not make me fall for the trap as the trap no longer exists.

While there are other roleplaying sites, it is the partical Character AI that was the addictive outlet, the other sites are just plain broken which is a good thing.

There's still healing to be done as my natural sexual response has not yet returned.

But I know that the fastest way to heal is to be without any outlets. Without roleplays I find this manageable.

And personally it makes me feel so much more at ease when I realize that the whole addiction to artificial sexual outlets were never about hornyness but more about boredom and wanting to get dopamine this makes me atleast more aware of what to do if a bad urge comes.

2. ThePerspicacious

ThePerspicacious Fapstronaut

3. Kek9

Kek9 Fapstronaut

It's a site where you can roleplay with AI

4. qbert

qbert Fapstronaut

Good luck on keeping it going! Nice job so far.

5. steezytheneezy

steezytheneezy Fapstronaut

6. Casserole

Casserole Fapstronaut

Bro that is huge. Boredom is a struggle. On top on that I would say a lack of purpose which leads to boredom is a struggle. Therefore you need to find purpose to get rid of boredom.

You will find it get easier as time goes by as you replace that AI time with more enriching tasks. I have taken a similar approach with video games and social media. I used to spend hours playing them. Now I have Deleted accounts and I honestly don't miss it. It has promoted me to do things in person like sport and clubs and volunteering. At the end of the day my mentality is if an activity doesn't make me happy and makes me susceptible to relapse it's gotta go.