1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Question regarding abstinence and relapse.

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Axel Benjamin, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Axel Benjamin

Axel Benjamin New Fapstronaut

Hi

Thankfully read it all.

Firstly my apologies, this is my first post on an unusual forum that doesn’t require a simply organized application and doesn’t require additional 5 mins of adapting to the different style and I have a question.

I’m axel, 21 year old, have been on abstinence for a long time by now, I don’t really have that big of a streak that I would be comfortable of (50+ days) , I’ve started Nofap and abstinence for several reasons, and most practical one was that I’m not really doing very good in school( college now) basically can’t concentrate, can’t study , anxious , and kinda feel awkward at times , i workout almost religiously and watch my macros and micros as well as getting a sleep no less than 6+ hours but this has been getting worse and worse noticeably since middle school and I wasn’t even in this condition by anyway back then ,I didn’t know the reason back then because I just blamed myself as I’m lazy and stuff and because I was busy dealing with my loneliness ,esteem and bad body image back then.

I’ll keep it short, I’m on 42 days streak in my abstinence , experienced bad and good in my first two weeks and then after the 4 week as I thought, I think I’m on a flatline since then and still until now on 40+ days (well ..almost) .

On my 40 day ,basically two days ago in the night as I was asleep I think I had a very strange experience, firstly I apologise for putting it this way, I felt my clothes were very tight in my boxers and I was trying to loosen my clothes up as I was uncomfortable in bed,I was still feeling tight but just easier, I went back to sleep and suddenly after a while I felt a strong.. how do I put it .. the same feeling you get after finishing, it was noticeable feeling BUT I was still somehow weirdly unconscious and all I remember is that I just continued in deep sleep like nothing was happening but it was still on my mind that I relapsed and I don’t know how did that happen.

The day after waking up in the morning and going to class I was having a back pain , same one as after relapsing and I also had a bad constant headache almost all of the day and I have to mention that I didn’t eat or drink anything for like 9 hours straight( maybe this is the reason for headache),
    Anyway now 2 days after that I’m feeling like I’m recovering but my memory is hazy but also my headache has noticeably reduced now.

Lastly I have to mention that I don’t think that was a dream because I was feeling it and don’t remember that I was dreaming that night , it was all of the sudden and didn’t know what was happening ,it was very much involuntarily and I felt like i was conscious but how would I fell asleep just seconds after the accident if I was conscious? My eyes were just closed all the time .

Simply put I don’t know what should I do right now, should I reset my counter and go back to 0 days ( well .. two days now) ?or should I continue with my 42+ days streak like it was just a flow that won’t affect my streak permanently or in the long term ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
  2. shorty1

shorty1 Fapstronaut

..well......being that you do work out and have alot of stamina-that maybe those muscles you work out could react as you try to sleep...and you say that you were awake when all this happened. Perhaps it was just a muscular and mental reaction together. just my opinion, that in leou of all you experienced,subconciously could of given feelings to let go. Just an opinion.