1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Preface from the Author of "The Way"

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by esforzado, Mar 30, 2017.

1. esforzado

esforzado Fapstronaut

Guys,
    Just as a test, let me send you the Preface of a known little book that is already famous worldwide. Well, maybe not so much in the USA, but in other countries and continents. Here it is. These words are from St Josemaria, a Spanish priest who was canonized (declared a saint) 15 years ago:
    Read these counsels slowly. Pause to meditate their meaning. They are things that I whisper in your ear,as a friend, as a brother, as a father. We shall speak intimately; and God will be listening to us. I am going to tell you nothing new. I shall only stir your memory so that some thought may arise and strike you: and so your life will improve and you will set out along the way of prayer and of Love. And in the end you will become a soul of worth.
    Depending on the reaction to this post, I would be able to tell you more about this book and the doctrine that was sustained and preached by this priest.

Whackless likes this.
  2. Whackless

Whackless Fapstronaut

I'd like to hear more. Keep posting man. Don't be shy.

3. esforzado

esforzado Fapstronaut

Didymus, I don't consider myself shy, but a little scary. I had a bad experience once in a forum for talking about Catholic things.
    Here is some more for you:
    I don't consider myself shy, but sometime ago on another forum, the guys were angry at me for posting things Catholic. Here is an explanation of "The Way", then I am sending you the first of its 999 thoughts. You can find the whole bood at escrivaworks.org online:

The strength, the attraction of The Way is largely due to the fact that it is based on real, living experience, being the fruit of the author's work as a priest which began in 1925. The book appeared first in 1934 under the title Consideraciones espirituales and later (in 1939) received its definitive title, after being greatly expanded. Over the years, more than four and a half million copies have been sold, in 43 different languages.

This is one of the main attractions of the book-its direct, conversational style, its personal and deeply human character. As a reviewer in Osservatore Romano (March 24, 1950) put it: "Msgr. Escriva de Balaguer has written something more than a masterpiece; he has written straight from the heart, and straight to the heart go the short paragraphs which make up The Way."
    Don't let your life be barren. Be useful. Make yourself felt. Shine forth with the torch of your faith and your love.

With your apostolic life, wipe out the trail of filth and slime left by the corrupt sowers of hatred. And set aflame all the ways of the earth with the fire of Christ that you bear in your heart.

Whackless likes this.
  4. Whackless

Whackless Fapstronaut

Well this is a secular forum. Such discussion is technically against forum rules and is limited to profiles and maybe reboot logs!

But thanks for sharing!