1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Predator movie - Olivia Munn discussion

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Jason_Tesla_19, Sep 9, 2018.

1. I think your logic would fly if this guy was convicted of actual rape. I dislike molestors as much as the next guy but lets not loose sight of the fact that this guy didn't actually rape or molest anyone. He didn't even committ statutory rape. He sent sexual emails to a 14 year old. He's a level 15 creep and maybe he tried this before but that isnt what he was convicted of.

If he has hooked up with a minor, how does that make him a danger to Olivia Mun. She damn near as old as I am. If hes hollerin at 14 year olds, he doesn't want her old ass. If you show me one minor who was involved in this production then I would support her point because then his past would be an issue but otherwise I cant cosign. I could be wrong but this just looks like a cry for attention.
    #someonetouchmetoo

2. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

What....
    I thought him to be an actual rapist
    Then I think the actress should not disclose this

Jason_Tesla_19 likes this.
  3. Thats why I felt this this was a joke. The article stated that his guy served a prison sentence for sending sexual emails to a 14 year old girl. Again, he's still a level 15 creep and it's likely hes attempted this in the past but thats much different than committing forceable rape or serving up a Cosby Mojito.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  4. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

What he did is wrong....but it's nowhere near rape......
    This kind of disclosure should only be done for serious offenders.....like molesters and murderers

5. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Welp, now a days you wolf whistle a good looking lady walking down the street and that's as good as sexual assault.

6. HereAndThere

HereAndThere Fapstronaut

TL; DR This whole thing is a symptom of modern SJW butt hurt witchunting ala metoo. The goal is to protect all these poor women from everything bad that have any chance of happening in their lives using any means necessary, including sacrificing reputation and career of any insignificant man standing in the way of accomplishing this goal. Its about that minuscule increased risk of assault and them being uncomfortable on set being more valuable than that mans reputation and integrity. Still i dont see the problem in what Munn did, i dont think she broke any laws. I see the problem in that studio deleting his scene over this bullshit and the public potential to sympathize with Munn. One crazy is no problem, many crazy are.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. The director Shane Black said in a statement: "Having read this morning's news reports, it has sadly become clear to me that I was misled by a friend I really wanted to believe was telling me the truth when he described the circumstances of his conviction. I believe strongly in giving people second chances – but sometimes you discover that chance is not as warranted as you may have hoped."

What it says about his conviction:
    "According to Connecticut's sex offender registry, Mr. Striegel was 38 when he "engaged in an internet relationship" with a 14-year-old. [...] The emails and messages were found by her father, who reported them to the authorities. Mr. Striegel pleaded guilty to two felony counts: risk of injury to a child and enticing a minor by computer, according to court records. [...] Mr. Striegel had asked the girl to keep the nature of their relationship a secret [...] he described in disturbing detail his sexual fantasies, and complimented the girl, saying she was "hot, sexy, beautiful, and a few things I won't get into !!""

If his official offense was risk of injury to a child and enticing a minor by computer, then it sounds like the father prevented the girl from getting sexually abused or molested or maybe even raped, otherwise he wouldn't have had to go to prison for six months and go on the sex offender registry.

I agree with you that Olivia Munn herself was not in danger, since she is not his "type", her official reason I believe was that she personally didn't want to work with someone who "has hurt a child". And as I elaborated in my previous post, I still don't think that makes her a cruel person. If the way she handled it was wrong because legally she doesn't have the right to reveal someone's criminal past and damage their professional reputation in the process, then that is a different question, as was discussed already. But she also said she consulted her lawyer to talk to the studio, that I would argue has the right to know an actor's bad publicity potential to ensure their product to be successful, plus there was indeed an 11-year old boy part of the main cast.

I don't think it's wrong to speak out against Olivia Munn potentially using or I should say abusing someone's criminal past to victimize herself and draw attention to herself and maybe damage someone's reputation for her own personal vendetta, but I think it's wrong to accuse someone of being cruel and unforgiving for wanting to keep their distance from people who have shown to have the ability to physically hurt other people.

Gotham Outlaw and u376 like this.
  8. HereAndThere

HereAndThere Fapstronaut

That Olivia Munn seems like a really down to earth person

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  9. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I just saw this for the first time yesterday. Never watched it back when it was on TV, but I heard stuff like that was the only reason she was on the show.