Pray for me

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Standfast

Standfast Fapstronaut

I'm on day 25 of no P and 9 of no MO. This last night and morning has been tough. I constantly feel aroused and I'm searching for things to occupy my mind. Going to try to read some scripture. Does this feeling ever go away? I feel like I constantly fight, but I lose sometimes (hence the offset days, but I didn't watch P. Praise God!).

I simply ask for prayer and any tips to help me get through this trying time.

Thanks.

2. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

I'm sorry to hear about the struggle you are going through. I will take time in just a moment to pray for you! I've found that PMO for me was a habit that was deep. It was something I done for over 25 years. I've found it takes time for those invasive feelings to go away. I've been at recovery for a while now and I still have them but they are not as intense, do not last as long, and come less frequently.

For me, recovery has taken time and work but it has been worth it. When I was early in my journey, it helped to come on here when I was tempted. Often, I would hit the panic button at the top of the screen. It also helped me to follow the journals of those on a similar journey and with similar struggles. Interacting on their journals and they interacting on mine was a big help too.

3. Standfast

Standfast Fapstronaut

Thank you! What you have said has given me encouragement and I believe this has helped me. I also have read a few journals of those on here. I'm glad there is a community that can help!

4. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

I'm glad to hear my few and feeble words were a help. I'm very glad to see you here. I read your first post. I really hope you will stick with recovery and accomplish the goals you have and live the life you truly want to live. I've found that recovery takes time and work but I've also found that it has been worth it!

5. Standfast

Standfast Fapstronaut

I'm wondering if I should start a new thread or just start updating this one?

This is day 26 of no P and day 10 of no MO. I am grateful for the people who have responded and made these two days so much better. I can tell something has changed, as I feel new strength to overcome my weakness. I have also downloaded a scripture memorization app to keep me occupied.

6. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

I suppose you could do it either way. A lot of members start a journal. I personally find them very helpful.