1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Practicing approaching girls

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by NF SINCE BIRTH, Aug 28, 2022.

1. I have been doing it with various success in the past but I have never been very successful or consistent. University started up about 4 weeks ago. Last day of the buddy week was today.

I count today as the end of the first week. My goal is to go out to 3 events a week and open 4 sets and hour, about 15 sets every time I go out.

This week I went out Friday and Saturday. About 6 hours in total. I didnt really count how many people I approached but it was more than 4 sets an hour. My objective for now is not to get any numbers or anything. I am simply doing it for the practice until I feel confident enough to take it a step further.

I guess I will count "successful" encounters rather than number of people approached. Will also do some self reflection about how I can improve.

Friday was alright. I have made a lot of horrendous approaches during the first few weeks so a lot of practice is needed. On Friday, I probably chatted with over 50 people during the 2 hours I was out.

Most of them were really short. I have no openers prepared or anything. I usually just jump into a group and either I figure out something clever to say right away or I blurt out the first thing on my mind which often blows me out right away.

That was the case on Friday. Probably about 70% of my approaches goes to shit because my approaches are pretty poorly prepared. Still, I got a few decent conversations because I dont totally suck at conversation if I manage to break the ice early on. I would say I got about 5 successful encounters on Friday.

On Saturday I was out for close to 4 hours. It was a much more successful night out than Friday was. I am getting slightly more confident for each night out. On Saturday, I had a good conversation with about 10 girls. My last set before I left the club was pretty awesome and lifted my confidence a bit.

I opened 3 girls. I dont remember exactly what I opened with. It was something I came up with on the spot. It was an instant hit and I just talked about one topic after the other. All 3 flirted with me. A fourth girl I actually know from last year jumped in and told me she read about me in the news. Unintentional but wing girl of the year right there. They wondered if I played in the band because of my outfit. I was wearing a bunch of gold rings, a somewhat expensive shirt and golden shoes.

I went along with it, pretended I was going on stage and left the party. I was planning on leaving anyways since my 4 hours was up and I didnt want to be too late to bed.

In hindsight, I could have made something more out of it but my goal wasnt to get any dates or anything. It was simply for the practice.

"successful" count so far: 15.

How can I do better next time? I need to learn some openers to make it easier on myself. Until now I have been making up openers on the spot which probably is the best thing if you know what you are doing. I am pretty clueless so I need to memorize some good openers to get the conversations started.

I could also improve my appearance a bit. I need a haircut. I went out casually dressed yesterday. It lowers my success rate but at the same time maybe more challenging isnt such a bad thing?

Reading "mystery method" atm. I am not totally sold on gaming girls but I believe those gurus have a few valuable points I can use.

ConcertConctact likes this.
  2. ConcertConctact

ConcertConctact Fapstronaut

Take care of your appearance and hairstyle. You do very well to improvise when you approach girls. Simple and spontaneous texts are the best to start a conversation, that's what I did and it works myself. Do not memorize any learned texts from the internet, because it is not attractive behavior but needy as you say the same text to 10 women you meet. Stand out from other guys. Spontaneous approaches exercise your creativity, so don't worry, act and you'll be fine :)