1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Power Struggle in Relationship

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Recovery Is my #1 Priority, Nov 22, 2023.

1. Anyone interested to talk about this?

Given the fact that majority of women out there work, an association with them tends to bring power struggle.

Take compromise too far, it leads to pussification in men. Any thoughts/

2. They don't have to necessarily be working women; just in any relationship there are always a power struggle.

silex_jedi likes this.
  3. Right. The only way out of this is if guys date down. But if we do that it wouldn't be called relationship, would it? Afterall a relationship is an association where two people come together with a 50/50 mindset. And 50/50 Bullshit is the hub of all power imbalance.

4. Out of many, there was this one relationship I had the most peace, satisfaction and productivity in. She was't the best of looking, and I wasn't so much attached. things sailed smoothly. I didn't have to spend my focus on maintaining the ltr, I could focus it on external goals. She just followed without giving me any headache.

The issue was, she wasn't so good looking.

5. Can you define pussification? What is a pussified man to you?

6. I think it's hard to maintain a relationship and focus on your goals too. the only way this works is if the girl wouldn't demand such level of time and attention as in these relationships. For most it's quite alright, because they aren't looking to achieve much.

If you are a man of purpose, if your time is of value, you wouldn't appreciate wasting it on a thing like power struggle. It's very distracting, it drains on your time and resource.

What these men need is someone who wouldn't cause much headache, someone who is willing to just be taken wherever he takes her.

Cyan Flame likes this.
  7. Thanks for the response, but I'm failing to see how these address my questions. Are you saying a pussified man is one who abandons his goals in order to maintain his relationship? I'm confused. Also, wouldn't a lot of your issues be resolved by finding a female partner who has a similar world view as you? By sharing the same world view, you both have the same ultimate goal, therefore you work together to help each other accomplish that goal. If you're not looking for that kind of life with your mate and just want to do your own thing, then you could always remain single. That is an option.

onceaking and Cyan Flame like this.
  8. We're venturing into talks and we have to experience what I am saying to actually be able to understand.

We might dialogue on this as much as we like and form theoretical scenarios, but in reality women and relationship hold you back. They absolutely do. A typical relationship demands a lot of sacrifices, a lot of adjustment, a lot of compromises. It draws on your time and precious energies.

A 50/50 is not really what it is. Given the fact women get only masculine as they age, steadily as the relationship progresses, that woman will control the entire thing including you. This is your pussification.

And I am not saying you cannot excel in such a partnership, but it will be through a very different route. Your whole life will be based on subjugating yourself to everyone and everyone around you, first including your partner.

The one who holds ego in a relationship is the one in charge. And most men are scared of ego, but if you take a close look, if he isn't, his partner has been all this time. Because a healthy amount of ego is necessary to direct lives. Two partners who are egoless will end up going nowhere.

9. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

I'm not sure I can relate to power struggles with the majority of women. My experience in many relationships, I had very few power struggle problems. The ones where there was a power struggle, I just thought of it as a woman who I didn't want to hang with and ended it. I find that most "people" understand that all relationships have to have compromise in them.

That being said, someone has to lead the relationship. So I guess a perfect ratio would be 51/49 percent when it came to power, so I'm happy with any power over 50%.

10. Then you are not leading the relationship. It will be impossible for you to understand what I am saying.

Leadership is not fun. It's a completely different realm.

11. CrushedandLeaving

CrushedandLeaving Fapstronaut

So your ideal relationship is a woman who just sits there and does....what, exactly? If you don't want to spend time with her, what is the purpose of the relationship?

onceaking and Cyan Flame like this.
  12. Wash my underwear!

13. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

So you want a girlfriend/wife who's your maid?

14. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

Why do you think I'm not leading the relationship? I've lead every relationship that I have had with always more than 50% of the power. Those I could not lead caused too much conflict and I dumped them.

I'm 100% an Alpha male and feel like I lead in almost everything I do. The only times I give up leadership is when I don't want to be the leader and that's not often the case. However a good leader knows how to compromise and always gives something to those who follow.

15. Well, because you mention you had very few issues with power struggle. And that's a cue. You are not in charge. You might be able to blend well with multiple women, and if that's the case, that's again a sign that you are not in a position of leadership. Also, most leaders do not go around being friends with every chump they come across. Most leaders are in their own space and they do not socialize. They are busy with their work.

16. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

I disagree with most of what you say, but I'm not going to debate it. This is nothing more than a social media exchange and not on the subject of Nofap.
    Good luck,
    Nomo

Psalm27:1my light likes this.