Pleasure vs Pain: Is There A Difference?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Geyser, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Geyser

Geyser Fapstronaut

Psychologically speaking is there a difference between chasing the pleasure of an orgasm and running from the pain of denying it? Or is it all just chemicals in the brain?

I'm copying this from my journal in hopes of attracting a larger audience than my usual followers:

Looking for any and all input be it factual or just opinion. Thanks.

As always, all comments and suggestions are welcome and appreciated,

Geyser

2. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

@Geyser feeling empty of no pain right. u shouldn't go back pmo, yes you miss the pain but doesn't mean you're gonna be ok if u go back to pmo. I've been dealing with depression for a long time and sometimes when i feel not depressed, i instead feel blank. yes we have been with pmo for such a long time and when we feel better, we feel empty, maybe we feel it's better to deal with pain rather than having no pain.

like you right now my sexual desire =0, so i'm not seeking pleasure in pmo but rather pain, but i don't think it is the solution which is going back to pmo to find pain. i think it's not the pain which makes us feel empty but the disconnection between us and pain. i mean maybe we can build connection between 2, feel the pain while we're not in pain, u know what i mean. but i don't know how to do it yet, maybe u can tell me