1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Plant based / vegan diet

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by 500man, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Veganism is a brainwashed idea . Agenda .

We all know veggies and fruits are great . But so is other food in moderation .

All they pushing is buying very expensive and ''very organic'' foods .

Human being NEEDS diversity to be healthy . Vegan is not healthy .
    Vitamins deficiencies and mental problems , overall weakness .
    In that game changers movie they one power lifter selling the idea you can eat all veggies and be that . Some beans, some whole wheat .. ugghh no .
    + Arnold made his whole career based on animal nutrition, now he is telling, aw if i knew about the plant based earlier, MAN WHAT , you woudn't do none in the fitness industry eating vegan .

THEY LYING .

Being healthy as your self-assessment is pretty subjective .
    But I fully respect your ethics . Good choice .

Thomku likes this.
  2. Yes, you are right - there is a huge conversation to be had about how we view the world around us - other people, animals, and even the earth itself. If people are more ethically accountable, the world will certainly be a better place to live in. That is the message that I want people to extract from this.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. I appreciate that, and I'm glad that in the same post, you refer to veganism as both "not healthy" and also a "good choice."

Could you name one single vitamin that veganism does not account for?

4. False promise

False promise Fapstronaut

Have you seen the video where crazed vegans attach their necks to a slaughter belt and suddenly the belt starts moving?
    You used an analogy with no equivalency to the topic at hand. You have a problem answering questions don’t you. Do you eat fake meat? No response. Would you do this? No response. I’m asking if you would risk your life for an animal. Considering eating the trash fake meat and processed food you eat is a long term health risk.

mr.incognito and Thomku like this.
  5. Its a good message indeed. Just remember it cant be forced. Like in the movie inception, the person needs to feel like they came up with the idea themselves.

meromero1 and FellatiousD like this.
  6. All of your arguments are against me and not against veganism, and they are red herrings. You don't need to eat fake meat to be a healthy vegan. You don't need to die for an animal in order to have empathy for animals and be morally accountable. There is processed vegan food and there is processed non-vegan food - this says nothing about the optimal nutritional choices for either of these diets.

7. In general . ( cause people tend to eat not so much veggies but other things with a ''vegan label'' which are processed too )
    B-12 is a common deficiency .
    Healthy muscle growth requires more cholesterol and basically animal products .
    You can see 10+ years vegans in the internet . Their faces are ill . Their muscles are weak .

As the question goes, it is normal to feel less urges in a caloric deficit .
    I don't get how you got more energy while eating less, that is against the law of thermodynamics and that is a nature, universe law . You cannot arguing against that , Mr thread holder . But if you know how, explain, please .

Thomku likes this.
  8. Thomku

Thomku Fapstronaut

vegans mad lol
    i saw a vegan bodybuilder on the internet once

he was so skinny he had to photoshop in (extremely fake looking) muscles

9. Thomku

Thomku Fapstronaut

yes
    that was a hilarious one

too bad no one died

FellatiousD likes this.
  10. 1. B-12 information here: https://veganhealth.org/vitamin-b12/ Yes, this is a vegan website. Yes, sources are included on this website and you can read them yourself.
    2. Cholesterol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholesterol Could not find anything that has to do with muscles or muscle growth.
    3. I don't care about anecdotes.
    4. I don't have a caloric deficit, and there is no reason to believe that veganism causes a caloric deficit. I am constantly eating all day long - which is because non-animal foods tend to be less calorically dense. But nonetheless, I maintain a healthy caloric intake for my BMI.
    5. I'm not arguing against thermodynamics.
    Hey man, welcome back. I guess it's a 1v3 now. Nice anecdote bro.

11. I don't get that .
    However, it is real that 10 + years makes you pretty unhealthy looking .

IDK how you manage to eat your calories .
    IDK how you guys have energy .

And yet, it is not healthy . Because it is common sense . Diversity is healthy . And yes, it is respectful to do it for ethics .

12. Thomku

Thomku Fapstronaut

hello, thanks

he is called vegan gains now that i remember
    nice to be in denial bro

FellatiousD likes this.
  13. So the reason that anecdotal evidence is not reliable is because it takes more than one case to prove that something is true or untrue. In order to prove something, you need to prove it for all cases. If I told you that cars are unsafe because my dad died in a car crash, you should throw that argument away because it doesn't mean that everyone will die in a car crash.

I have energy because I try to meet the daily recommended intake values for macro and micro nutrients.

14. You should check out some of his videos - he has some really decent debates on there.

15. but how ?

+ all of 10 + look unhealthy . All of them .

Thomku likes this.
  16. Thomku

Thomku Fapstronaut

i doubt it

this is the same guy who laughed at his own grandpa dying and filmed it
    makes no sense to have empathy for animals when you dont have empathy for your own kin

Leader of ME likes this.
  17. False promise

False promise Fapstronaut

My arguments are against "ethical vegans" which you embody. Your kind is so stupid that you actually attack people who are just "plant-based" not "vegan" because they dont eat animals for health reasons only. There is processed food thats both vegan and non-vegan, which is why its absurd to suggest to others to go vegan and promote the same garbage that meat eaters eat, but vegan version (in the name of saving animals of course). "Plant-based" people who eat that way for health, are not the ones promoting fake meat garbage just because its not an animal product. Ethical vegans are. Do you have a hard time seeing the problem with this? People are inherently selfish, it comes with living on earth. So unless going vegan is going to benefit them in some way, they're likely not going to do it. Unless of course there the SJW virtue signalling type like yourself. So in short, people like you make people like me look bad, because we're lumped into the same category as you lunatics.

18. I am confident now that even if I corrected this post, you still wouldn't get it because you continue to push bad-faith arguments, character assassinations, red herrings, and strawmen with every breath. I will say though that your attempt to argue against ethical veganism using game theory was really cute, as if there must be some sort of mathematical approach to morality. If people act out of rational self-interest and only make decisions which benefit them, why do people volunteer and donate to charities? Can you explain that, or are they just lunatics?

19. Steppingintotheunkown

Steppingintotheunkown Fapstronaut

I have been on a strict plant based vegan diet for around one year. It has boosted my nofap benefits, I am way fitter, and mentally I feel so much better

FellatiousD likes this.
  20. Steppingintotheunkown

Steppingintotheunkown Fapstronaut

It feels good knowing I am not contributing to the suffering and environmental impact that is in the meat and dairy industry. It's disgusting

meromero1 and FellatiousD like this.