1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Perception

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Have anyone else sat down to eat dinner then poured yourself a cup of water and then forget that it was water that you poured, then as you drink your expecting something else like milk, soda or beer etc.. its a total mind fuck to me. Same thing I can forget what I actually poured and be like what am I even drinking.

Maybe im just strange but sometimes this happens, im thinking im getting something else when Im drinking and its a odd feeling, it doesn't happen often but its kind of funny when it does.

I found it mostly happens when im really tired. I mean I can sometimes put the sugar in the fridge for so strange reason as well, the human mind is odd or my mind is.

So does this happen to anyone else? Do you do something similar?

2. Pepper M.

Pepper M. Fapstronaut

The worst is when you think you're about to drink sweet tea and it's actually just regular tea lol.

RainbowShell likes this.
  3. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

It's called absent-mindedness. Something professors often fall victim to. I often find myself in the shower pondering something then find I can't remember whether I've shampooed and conditioned my hair, or just shampooed it, or done neither. It is because when you are in the routine of doing something you often go into auto-pilot, but your mind goes off on a tangent into the Platonic world of ideas. On coming back to your senses, you find yourself completely oblivious as to what step you are at. The worst though is stepping out to towel dry your hair and find you still have conditioner in it.:D

This is as good a refutation as any of materialism.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    slitebg and RainbowShell like this.
  4. Lol yeah, I've done that many times. It's annoying to me when I order a coke and someone accidentally gives me a diet coke. That's a weird surprise.

And when you're expecting water and it's sprite.

Also, one time I was at the movies with my dad and I accentally some of his drink instead of mine or something. I probably had a coke, and I can't remember what he had... It might have been Dr. Pepper or root beer. But I think that's happened to us before when I had a coke and he had sweet tea. That's an extra weird shock. Especially since I don't even like sweet tea when it comes from a fast food place, because it's lemon-y.

RainbowShell likes this.
  5. Good to hear im not the only one, Im not professor but I do tend to daydream a lot. Sometimes I can think about things im going to build, or sometimes im just thinking of possible scenarios that could unfold in the future, just the normal kind of drifting off kind of thought patterns. Remember when im working on something I do a lot which is jewelry I tend to go into autopilot as mentioned, I kind of wake up and realize im done with the jewelry.

The sprite thing been there done that ha ha, as wells as forgetting if I did everything I was supposed to do in the shower.

6. Lol yeah, I'm a dreamer for sure. I daydream constantly. I tend to forget where I put stuff a lot. And it's always like right after I just had it in my hand a couple minutes ago. Generally I store things in the same spots, so I know where to find them, but if I'm using something and I set it down, 2 minutes later I'll have absolutely no idea where it is. And it's always in such a weird place, once I find it. I'm like "what the heck? Why on earth would I have put this here?"

RainbowShell and tweeby like this.
  7. Been there done that ha ha, I can walk around the house then lay my phone, glasses, hammer, pretty much anything im holding down someplace then forget it completely, then start looking for it 20 minutes before I find it. It can be frustrating but I always laugh in the end when I find it :D