1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Penance

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Tigerdude

Tigerdude Fapstronaut

Hey guys, I know I haven't been here in a while, but there is something I want to share that's been working well.

What I've done is that the last time I had a relapse, I decided to pray to God, apologizing for my sin, and telling him I'd do penance with his help. The penance I took was to not drink any Mountain Dew for the rest of the week. And I've decided that if I relapse again, the time I go without Mountain Dew will go to 2 weeks, then 3 weeks, etc. So far it's been working, even when I've come closer to relapsing.

Is this something you've tried and if so, how well did it work for you?

Mara43, Tao Jones and Be Inspired like this.
  2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

I like your method. You are fasting from Mountain Dew. This fast reminds you that you want to please God and quit your sin. I am trying to fast from borderline TV shows. So far it is helping, been watching YouTube stuff about Christian love.

Mara43, Tigerdude and Tao Jones like this.
  3. I currently have a commitment with a friend of mine that I will donate a significant amount of money to a cause I very much do not support if I choose to view P. Knowing this penalty awaits me has been terrifically helpful to me in moments of temptation!

Mara43, Tigerdude and timcia like this.