1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[PARKINSON'S] [ADHD] Zinc is a natural dopamine reuptake inhibitor. EMF decreases zinc.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 22, 2017.

1. "The second most common mineral in the body is ZINC. Brain cells that release dopamine out into the “synapse” (space between cells where communication occurs) vacuum it back up using a dopamine transporter. This crucial transporter is regulated by zinc. Zinc binds to the dopamine transporter and slows it down, allowing dopamine to remain active in the synapse for a longer period of time before being pulled back into the cell to be recycled. It is essentially a natural “dopamine reuptake inhibitor.” Interestingly, this is also one of the ways in which stimulant medications work to improve dopamine activity.

There have been two clinical trials of zinc supplements in the treatment of ADHD, both of which noted some benefit. An Iranian study found that Ritalin + (15 mg of elemental) zinc given for 6 weeks worked twice as well as Ritalin + a sugar pill. A Turkish study found that (40 mg of elemental) zinc given for 12 weeks worked twice as well as a sugar pill.

Zinc and iron supplements can be hard to stomach. Zinc frequently causes nausea, and iron supplements can cause constipation and other gastrointestinal problems. Are there alternatives to supplements for people who have mineral deficiencies? What is causing these deficiencies in the first place? Are there dietary changes we can make that can improve our mineral status?

Plant foods are very low in zinc, whereas animal foods are excellent sources of zinc.

While both plant and animal foods contain iron, the type of iron found in animal foods (called “heme” iron) is 8 times more bioavailable (useful) to us than the type found in plant foods.

Seed foods (which include grains, beans, and nuts) contain phytic acid, which interferes with our ability to absorb essential minerals. For more information, please see my grains/beans/nuts/seeds page.

Improve zinc status by reducing phytic acid intake (minimize grains, beans, nuts, and seeds), and including animal foods in your diet. Zinc supplements may also be helpful."

http://www.diagnosisdiet.com/adhd-and-diet-part-i/

My comment:

I agree with author's advice to reduce grains. There is ample literature on why to eliminate grains from diet. See paleo and epi-paleo diets. I disagree with: "Reduce omega-6 intake by minimizing vegetable oils, nuts, and seeds." Whereas, soaking nuts and seeds over night and straining the water off or sprouting nuts and seeds and eating fresh or low heat dehydrated decreases phytic acid and omega 6. Sprouted nuts and seeds are high density nutrient antioxidant foods and anticancer.

EMF Decreases Zinc

Extremely low-frequency magnetic field decreased calcium, zinc and magnesium levels in costa of rat.

/r/Electromagnetics/comments/3em88o/extremely_lowfrequency_magnetic_field_decreased/

Zinc Treatment

Zinc supplementation ameliorates electromagnetic field-induced lipid peroxidation in the rat brain.

/r/Electromagnetics/comments/3swkon/brain_zapping_nutrition_minerals_zinc/

Foods High in Zinc

Oysters

Zinc Supplements that do not cause nausea

Zinc-carnosine

Labs offering mineral testing

/r/Electromagnetics/comments/3m01rg/labs_offering_tests_for_minerals/

Article where I've got this from and credits to : https://www.reddit.com/r/Electromag...p/parkinsons_adhd_zinc_is_a_natural_dopamine/