1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Outcast for life?!

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by TheEvolution, Nov 11, 2018.

1. TheEvolution

TheEvolution New Fapstronaut

Hey guys!

Let start by saying that my mission is to be the best version of myself every day. That’s why I passed 100 days on my nofap journey.

I know that to be the best version of myself I gotta improve my social circle or communication skills. But I can’t create meaningful relationship with these people. I just can’t!

I don’t like what they like and I’m not interested in things that they’re interested. Like I’m from another planet or something.

Let me tell you during these nofap days I tried to walk with these people but things they do seems stupid to me. Of course I love to have a lot of male and female friends around me. Who doesn’t? But I just don’t like these people. And it's bothering me.

I love being by myself and I love things that I do. I keep telling myself you don’t need anyone to be happy and it’s true. So I really enjoy myself And I’m doing my own thing every day but you know these thoughts of loneliness and having nobody around me sometimes just show up and lately they’re bothering me so much.

I’m so damn confused, I don’t know how can I free myself.

Do you have any insights? Is anybody like this?

**And btw I definitely can relate to a lot of people here that are broken like me. So if you feel like the way I feel I would be glad if you send me a message so we can talk to each other sometimes. We shouldn't let these thoughts take us down. Let’s help each other.**

Thanks for reading!

Fix_It_Mate likes this.
  2. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hey there, friend. I can relate, I've been lonely for a while too but since my social skills have improved quite a bit, I've made some contacts all around. I've met these guys who are a bit younger than me and they're like the complete opposite of me. Cause of my struggles with loneliness, masturbation and all, I feel like I've mentally evolved way more than them. They live a normal social outgoing life, while I've went through some abnormal shit. When I talked to them, it made me feel like I was out of place and even wasting my time talking to people who I can't relate to. But I've realized its good to have friends everywhere, and especially good to have different types of friends. It's fine for me to be out of place, I don't need to be in just one certain group. I don't even need deep relationships, though I can get deep with anyone I want. As long as I have positive people in my life who I can chat with, it's fine. After all this time I've been alone, I'm not afraid of it anymore. This means I can choose my friends, if things don't work out so what? I can always get back to being alone and make new friends.

horny nerd likes this.
  3. dodalala

dodalala Fapstronaut

google mgtow.

Dorian1975 likes this.
  4. Jon82

Jon82 Fapstronaut

I get it, for a long time I lived on my own and how I dealt with the loneliness was to keep busy. I joined a karate club and dedicated myself to training to the point where I was out most nights of the week. But despite bringing people into my life and having regular interaction I still felt separate from those around me. It's interesting as over time it became apparent that in order to maintain the friendships I was forming I donned separate skins, became almost a social chameleon in order to fit in with the different groups. But despite being surrounded by people I still felt lonely. That approach didn't really work.

Now my main social interactions are with those I work with. You don't get to chose who you interact with there and I find myself staying quiet more often than not as I completely disagree with a lot of the outlooks and opinions around me but have to get on with the people who have them.

On the plus side through this process I have come across 1 or 2 individuals who I have clicked with. They are out there, it might just take a while to find them. The trick is when you do to put energy into those relationship to maintain them.