1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

October 2018 Addiction Reading Festival

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Contentful T, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

This is an event not a challenge. If it is a challenge for you, good for you. Grow from it.

I want to recommend books one should read for the festival however you can choose your own. Read/scan/speed read as many as you want and share as much as you want about them.

Anyone is welcome in the fare at any point during the month of October 2018. The festival ends on Samhain.

A list of books will be presented shortly. You may start sharing your thoughts if you read any on the list beginning from the 1st, or you can choose your own and share thoughts, pictures, diagrams, graphs, gifs and videos.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  2. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

I've come to the complete realization that man is king of mind, body, and circumstance. I did not want to delve into spiritual topics with focusing on the subject of addiction here but I am not sure I can keep pretending to not know things that I do.

Anyways, I will keep this list short. Again, you may also choose your own books on addiction and reflect on them here.

FESTIVAL READING LIST

51ljU7YWC-L._SX344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

91HEI0CTk3L (1).jpg
    51lDnVgxOaL.jpg
    41dgUePqnxL._SX315_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

If you clean out your mind through abstinence (rebooting) and allow your brain to heal for 90 days, I would propose through self analysis one could disassemble their compulsive behavior and never return to it. I think the problems with repeating addictive behaviors despite horrible consequences (whether personal or not) often have to do with not understanding one own's mind or just not being in control of one's behavior which would probably be alot easier to control if one really understood one's own mind.

I am not a Scientologist. I have never read Dianetics. Yet I think Mr. Hubbard had some brilliant ideas.

3. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

1481040229721.jpg--much_loved_offaly_festival_cancelled_for_2018.jpg

So sorry. Event cancelled. The list above apparently is not legit enough to continue.

This is legit enough to press play on though: