1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Now for Something Really Off-topic

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Buzz Lightyear, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

Onwards and upwards!

DarkwingDuck likes this.
  2. DarkwingDuck

DarkwingDuck Fapstronaut

Amazing for something that doesn’t physically exist.

Bullarrd likes this.
  3. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I converted my BTC yesterday. It's honestly tough to figure how much of a bubble this is in right now, plus Bitfinix, etc getting hacked and other exchanges suddenly closing. Definitely a volatile investment, but makes me wish I knew about it in 2010. :)

vibemaker likes this.
  4. Buzz Lightyear

Yes, I am proud to say that I know next to nothing beyond the rudiments of the fundamentals.... for the speculator simply follows the trend that the irrational market sets.... and jumps out when every man and his dog is jumping in. Ship of fools that we are. This is the 'fundamentals' of market psychology.

And for those with raised eyebrow and that sneer at you the term of abuse 'speculator' [yes, some colleagues have done so] let them consider that they may be neglecting their duty to protect themselves [and their family] if they didn't get involved in some speculative asset class or another. Thanks to the crazy 'policy' of central banks, the currency we all work so hard for can be inflated away... they actually are when you compare wages with the inflation in property prices and markets. Bubbles bubbles everywhere.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  5. Buzz Lightyear

You sold your Bitcoin?

6. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Most of the value, yes, although I kept a few hundred dollars worth.

7. Buzz Lightyear

Beware of money illusion [the focus on the number]. You want to be long when you are in a parabolic spike. There is no telling how high this could go this month. The trend is your friend.

[​IMG]

8. Buzz Lightyear

Ok, so you have obviously taken some good profits.

But you need to ask yourself where this thing could go to. You could buy back in if you think it will continue to go parabolic. Or you could sit back, let it spike, and then let it consolidate.

However, fortunes have been lost [historically speaking] by people sitting on the sidelines waiting for the dip that never comes. Say it spikes, on the basis of the above chart to 40,000 or so. And then corrects for a year to 20,000. You could buy again then, but it would have been better to have held.

MLMVSS likes this.
  9. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Yeah, I kept some value in there still, and I'll probably buy back every now and then. Bitcoin's future, and other altcoins, seem bright right now, with better privacy, technical investment and legitimate businesses starting to take them. However, I'm still curious about how high this will go.

10. Buzz Lightyear

Let me add, I came to the party relatively late. I heard a bit of background noise about Bitcoin over the past few years. But never focused on it until a couple of weeks ago. I pulled up a long term log chart, took one look, and piled in long.

I'd also add, I had the gumption to do this as learnt a bit about markets when I got involved in the gold bull market.

So I was buying at the heady heights of 10,000 and 11,0000, simply to establish a long position.

I'd also add that I have put enough skin in the game for it to hurt a little if the price collapses. But the risk/ reward ratio warrants this. Never bet the farm, but I think you should be putting 10% or 20% of your liquid worth into it here. Just my 2 cents worth... no wait now my 10 cents worth.

MLMVSS likes this.
  11. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Ahh nice, I've heard about it in 2011-12 or so from my mates. They used it to buy drugs, so I thought then that Bitcoin was all about drugs and DW material in general, so I avoided it. It wasn't until 2016ish and even as late as early this year that I actually went into it due to me gaining more knowledge about BTC.

12. Buzz Lightyear

To get the right perspective, you need to take a look at the long term LOG chart [as posted above]. Could spike to anywhere here... then no doubt consolidate... but most probably at higher levels.

MLMVSS likes this.
  13. Buzz Lightyear

Ok... good for you, you took some decent profits. But I think you also want to keep a decent long/ hold position at the same time.

MLMVSS likes this.
  14. Buzz Lightyear

[​IMG]

MLMVSS likes this.
  15. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Hmm, interesting!

16. Buzz Lightyear

Let the charts paint the picture. The problem is people lack the imagination.:rolleyes:

MLMVSS likes this.
  17. Bullarrd

Bullarrd Fapstronaut

Hmm..I'm not very familiar with the markets nor anything about them besides a reading a few articles and how to's..I understand there's usually a pattern to this seemingly get rich quick strategy, but otherwise it strikes me as a huge gamble.

However looking at this bitcoin chart, I don't know much specific jargan, I say it stabilizes a bit until some time next spring. Around mid-March maybe...eh then again I am a complete novice.

Buzz Lightyear likes this.
  18. Buzz Lightyear

Long term.

A spike off the charts is possible... to be followed by a possible massive correction... also off the charts:

[​IMG]

19. Buzz Lightyear

Now short term.

Been watching some professional trader videos on YouTube. they are still looking at day/ week/ month charts. Surely, in a parabolic vertical move upward, they should be concerning themselves with the hourly charts. For all the trading is compressed into that time slot.

Notice how these big moves up 'back and fill', which suggests yet another breakout. If it goes up maaaassively, with everyone piling in, without a 'back and fill' period, that might suggest the top:

[​IMG]

20. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

I was talking about buying some with my dad when it was 1 dollar..