1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Sure What To Expect

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Jeighmz, Mar 6, 2024.

1. Jeighmz

Jeighmz New Fapstronaut

Hey guys, I've decided to join this community because I want as many tools at my disposal as possible as I try to stop pmo.

My problem started very young and has recently culminated in a divorce (currently going through). At the moment I can make it a week or two without pmo but then the urges become too much to resist and I find some way to access sexual material.

Current things im doing to counter this cycle are seeing a CSAT regularly, im part of a men's group called 7 Pillars of Freedom, only connected device I own is my phone and it's set up so everything except texting and some games is blocked between 6pm and 6:30am and I can't get around it (required having friend set screen time pin, Apple ID password and turn off camera). Removed wifi from smart tv and only condole I own is Xbox360 with all internet capabilities removed.

I've found no matter how many fences I put up there will always be a way to find access even if it means buying a new device for an evening and returning it the next day. Just trying to find balance in this these days so I have the fences I need but don't end up putting myself in a deprivation state where I have nothing to do that I enjoy.

Jefe Rojo likes this.
  2. Welcome! We’re glad you’re. It sounds like you’re already taking several helpful steps to recover completely.

As you may have already discovered, it is important to fill the void where PMO once was, with better activities. Hobbies, serving the community, clubs, exercise, self improvement by setting other goals. All of these things will help.

Several years ago when I was trying to overcome P, I had a lot of time on my hands so I decided to volunteer at a local hospital. It was a really neat and rewarding experience.

I wish you the best here!