1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Not sure if GF is helping or not

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by WHM, Nov 25, 2016.

1. WHM

WHM Fapstronaut

So, this is gonna be kind of long.
    I have been in a relationship with a girl now for 4 months, my longest ever. We met this summer and instantly started spending almost all our time together. I had been very lonely and loved her company and interest in me (I am smart but not the best socially). She told me she loved me very quickly, less than a month and we had talks about the future and houses, kids etc. Maybe a little over a month later I was not feeling the same about the relationship and went to break up. It was painful for both of us, and after several days we were talking again and decided to follow through on previous plans to take a vacation in Jamaica. The trip was great, and it seems that whenever I'm 'on an adventure' with her we both have lots of fun and get along well.

We're back in the city now working jobs and the relationship isnt the same. Now I am getting the same feeling I had when I first broke up with her, I feel like she is trying to subtley manipulate me, she says she cares but can never listen more than a few sentences. She loves to talk which is great in a lot of situations (she's great at the social game) but can't seem to listen when I need her to. I've told her about NoFap and explained how serious it was, but she doesn't understand and always wants to have sex, which is good but then I orgasm when I dont want to. And a really hard thing is I am not physically attracted to her. I am totally turned off physically during sex and only do it to please her. She wants to please me a lot (too often) as well, but I just don't want it. I just like her company. So we've had sex maybe 2 or 3 times in last month. Also, she set up her messaging service on my phone and a chat popped up. When I looked there was a message from my gf to one of her friends about me saying "Im making the time he spends with me so intoxicating that he thinks im the way to life". That seems really manipulative to me. She does take me out a lot and spend money I know she doesn't have. Another thing is she is 35 and I am 23. I just don't know what to make of the situation and could use some outside opinions.

AndySky180 likes this.
  2. DiogoFSantos

DiogoFSantos Fapstronaut

Man, you're in charge. You are trying to change, with NoFap. I don't know you...and don't know her. But i think shes not helping and if you are not into...i think you know the answer, right?
    Focus on NoFap and in people who wants to help...

3. Green_Tea

Green_Tea Fapstronaut

I will say that you just need to move on with your life the best you can. It sounds like she doesn't respect your commitment to NoFap. Work on moving your own life forward; it's up to you whether or not you want to keep seeing her. Try to find more meaning in your self and your abilities, remember that you are in control of your own desires and by staying strong you can overcome any temptation. Good luck my friend!

AndySky180 and DiogoFSantos like this.
  4. Saskia

Saskia Guest

There is a massive power imbalance just considering age alone. She is also spending money on you, and demanding/offering sex that you could take or leave, really.

I don't think this is good for you. Because you say you don't have the best social skills, maybe you think she is doing you a favour. But I think you should do yourself a favor and put a higher value on yourself. Find a relationship where there is more equality and attraction.

Best of luck!

AndySky180 and DiogoFSantos like this.