1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NOT OkCupid

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Deleted Account, Apr 23, 2022.

1. (Unless your'e already an ultra attractive guy)
    Been using this app for a year on and off.
    I may say I'm an average-fine looking with thin body.
    In total I got 4 matches till last month, with zero dates.

Last month I decided to give it a shot for a premium.
    out of the ~43 likes that where "waiting for me" till I'll pay, I liked none of them.
    Straight forward, they we're all quite ugly/unattractive.

But thats not why I got mad.

3 days before the end of my subscribtion I recived a like with a message of a cute girl. after I liked her back (match) I saw the message was sent 14 months ago!!!

Today my subscribtion ended. suddenly, I got 18 new likes "waiting for me" to do premium again. That was enough for me to call it quit.

I know that those apps aren't non-profit organizations but I didn't believe they are that greedy and despicable. They probably realized their power at covid times and started to
    pillage the sh*t out of people.

So among many reasons not to use those apps, this is another, quite pissing one.

2. desperately_hopeful

desperately_hopeful Fapstronaut

Most of them are owned by "Match Group". They literally farm out the same crap under different names and pretend to not be affiliated with one another. It's a terrible scheme designed to prey on men who want to meet someone but don't know how. I discovered that they were all a big group when "Match Group" game to my school's career fair. Disgusting.
    Glad you have left these platforms! I've given up on them too, they're so demoralizing.

3. Mob Barley

Mob Barley Fapstronaut

Yeah the dating apps are trash. Definitely better to stay off them, continue NoFap/SR, and save that energy for women that you might to meet in person

Kitos, Spark Advance and SamFischer like this.
  4. Mazda647

Mazda647 Fapstronaut

Shortly ago, the idea to browse Plenty of Fish popped into my head. The thing is... I'm getting married in August. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. No need to go to a dating website.

Back when I tried PoF I was never comfortable. Honestly, a dating site is probably best for some guy who's 50+ and has all this stuff together. Have no dating experience??? Stay far away. Go to church instead. Or just get somewhere to socialize.