1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Non-Addicts Withholding MO

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by YngwieWanksteen, Jan 28, 2021.

1. YngwieWanksteen

YngwieWanksteen Fapstronaut

Not sure if this thread belongs here, anyway here goes...

I am curious what people's opinions are on how much of withdrawal symptoms going into monk mode are normal for anyone, basically non-addicts and the overlap for an addict?

Normal in the sense that from the everyday layman pop science I've heard over my life, reproduction in biological creatures is pleasureful for the very purpose of naturally encouraging animals to... keep reproducing.

A PMO addict quitting will experience depression, sweating, anxiety, etc, etc, etc...

But what does a normal non-addict person experience if they attempt monk mode for months? To what extent do the same kind of psychological tricks manifest to try to force the "animal" to spread it's seed? Do the same undesirable physical sensations occur? If it was simple to resist these urges long term, we wouldn't be around.

Certain professions/vocations in society have men dedicate themselves to a life of chastity, and then sometimes results in despicable conduct towards children comes to mind. Were these people "deviants" to begin with or is it somewhat normal for an animal that is wired to use it's sex drive and be rewarded?

We often draw parallels to alcohol in comparing PMO addiction, not everyone is an alcoholic, but virtually everyone has a sex drive, even a fairly "normal" sex drive withheld from MO I imagine would have some nasty side effects to push the "animal" to reproduce?

I know "normal is only a setting on a washing machine", we can't empirically say "a normal person will experience 56% of an addict's symptoms at 33% the intensity" or something like that.

I feel like I could go on defining my question, but I'm rambling, I think this explains it...