1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NoFap when you're doing well?

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Oky V, Jul 26, 2023.

1. Oky V

Oky V New Fapstronaut

I'm currently having this problem which I didn't expect, which is having too much time on my hands. When I started nofap in April, I had several self improvement goals that helped keep me on track and moving towards being a better person, and these took up enough time that I didn't worry about fapping. Now as it's summer, school's out and I have a bunch of time to work towards achieving those goals and I'm making great progress and still having a bunch of time in which urges have started to take over. The problem is that previously, I would say, let's work out instead of flapping but now I have too much time to do both. Any tips on how to keep up the motivation to not masturbate while you are doing great at other aspects of self improvement?

Jefe Rojo likes this.
  2. It's one of the traps I had to face.
    Looking forward to freetime gives the brain a sign:

"Psst now you have a lot of freetime, why not a good fap? Plenty of time to recover afterwards"

Like a little voice inside of you wants to seduce you into an old habit again.

Try to find these lies in your thinking and eliminate them. That has helped me to overcome pmo.

3. JoeBimbo

JoeBimbo Fapstronaut

Maybe you can find another hobby you always wanted to do, like hiking or origami or something else. Something that keeps you busy next to the things you are already doing

4. Have you ever considered volunteering? I volunteered at a hospital while recovering from my addiction to P and it helped me keep my mind off things and it was a really great experience.