Nofap runners running log

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Runtilmylegsdropoff, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

I wanted to start this running log because I'm an avid runner, but this year I really fell off because I was too busy with school and work. For the rest of this year however, I will be ramping up my running mileage. I ran a bunch of marathons, and even did an Ultra earlier this year. 2 years ago I sub-3'd in the marathon and am working to get back to that level.

2. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Yesterday I ran 10 miles, this afternoon I ran a 7 mile progression run. Opened up my lungs quite nicely.

3. Runtilmylegsdropoff

I have been following this retired Navy SEAL's podcast Jocko Willink and he said that motivation is fickle, and not to rely on it. However, discipline will get you through, just do it. This is how running is for me. I don't love doing it every single day, but once I'm done, I'm happy that I did.

4. Runtilmylegsdropoff

I did an easy 5 mile run today, could've went longer but church starts at 11:30am and didn't want to be late. Felt good getting another run in this morning.

runfastmd likes this.
  5. Runtilmylegsdropoff

I have ran for 3 days straight this time. Did 6 miles on Saturday, 8.5 yesterday, and this evening I did 5 miles.

runfastmd likes this.
  6. Mike_July_2017

Mike_July_2017 Fapstronaut

Nice. I think it helps a lot to go to bed tired.

Runtilmylegsdropoff likes this.
  7. I have been slacking with jogging and running myself.

I want to get into healthy habit of running and jogging. What would be a good amount to start with? How many times a week and for how long?

8. Runtilmylegsdropoff

I would say ease back into it if you had a long layoff. Maybe 2 or 3 days the first week and minimal mileage.

runfastmd and Deleted Account like this.
  9. Should I track my progress with mileage or time?

For example I will jog for 20 minutes 3x a week.

10. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Whichever you prefer, you are after all just getting back into shape.

runfastmd likes this.
  11. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Cool thread. I ran about 5 miles today. Do you got something like a training plan?

I'm running now for about 5 months and I improved, but man sometimes I have days I'm way more slow then others and already feel exhausted quite early.

runfastmd likes this.
  12. seaguy44

seaguy44 Moderator Assistant

How do you deal with the cold weather outside running? Any tips?

vibemaker and Deleted Account like this.
  13. Would be interested in the same it is quite snowy here and often the ground is partially covered with ice.

14. Runtilmylegsdropoff

I live in California. Okay, aside from that, the usual gloves, hat and long sleeve shirt, maybe some long pants.

runfastmd likes this.
  15. Runtilmylegsdropoff

I do. I am an experienced marathoner and when I am in peak training, I like to average 80-100 miles per week. Although recently I am just getting back into it, so I am rebuilding my mileage back up again.

I don't have a super specific training plan at the moment other than building up my running volume in mileage.

runfastmd and vibemaker like this.
  16. Runtilmylegsdropoff

You know, it is perfectly normal to have off days, just try to minimize those, otherwise you may not reach your goal, whatever that may be. For me, my goal is to run the full marathon distance fast. I hit sub-3 a couple years ago and I am working towards my next PR.

runfastmd and vibemaker like this.
  17. seaguy44

80-100 miles per week! Impressive! Anything to minimize the joint impact from running?

18. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Yes. Don't skimp on the running shoe quality. If you're really concerned about cushioning, get some Hoka's.

Also if you're going to do some serious mileage, buy two or three pairs of quality running shoes and rotate them during the week.

vibemaker likes this.
  19. Runtilmylegsdropoff

So this past Tuesday I ran 6 miles, and today I ran 10. Also shadow boxed with 3 lb. dumbells and lifted kettlebells.

runfastmd likes this.
  20. seaguy44

with long runs like this, your sleep will be great tonight! Great job!

Runtilmylegsdropoff likes this.