1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Nofap isn't the ultimate cure.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by helpinghand4all, Sep 28, 2023.

1. helpinghand4all

helpinghand4all Fapstronaut

Nofap isn't the cure for anything. It's just a way to improve yourself if it helps you. I followed nofap for 1 year f***ed up real bad by taking too much stress (I know I can only blame myself). During quarantine I didn't go out and started overthinking and overworking for my goals (more of overthinking). I got depressed just after 3 months, too much stress due to overthinking destroyed my brain I couldn't even understand what the person in front of me was saying even though I could hear it. A year of antidepressants helped me recover but I will never be the same. After being depressed nofap didn't really work at all first time I broke nofap felt no difference at all. If you're going out and engaging with people I would say yes follow nofap but if for some reason you're isolated or just can't have fun in other ways taking useless stress is not a good option. There is a reason why when a monkey is left alone he will try to masturbate but if he's among a group he will socialize more.

2. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

I take a few issues with this thread, respectfully. First off, I don't think anyone said nofap is the ultimate cure for anything. I only say that because this thread has the feel of an argument being made. And if it is, I have yet to see the other side presented, that's all.

Second, in my opinion and experience, there is no cure for addiction. Addiction to lust or anything else. There is only fighting it. That's the closest thing we will ever have to a cure to Addiction in this life.

Third, I'm guessing nofap didn't work for you because either your heart wasn't in fighting this addiction, or you just didn't put up a fight that was both good enough and long enough.

And lastly, I think it's pretty insulting and rude to compare humans to monkeys.

Just my two cents.

3. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

100% spot on...and I hope everyone in this community would read what you wrote...especially those true addicts that believe they will be cured. I don't subscribe to that as there is no "cure" for an addict like me. However, I CAN recover if I continue to follow a program of recovery one day at a time...but recovery clearly takes hard work and dedication.

I'm grateful to be passing the 60 day point...but take it one day at a time.

Wishing you the best bro!

Danny Libido, KnightHawk and Joe1023 like this.
  4. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

Congrats on 60 days, my friend!! That's really amazing!!

5. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

Thank you, sir! Greatly appreciate the support!

Danny Libido likes this.
  6. I pretty much echo what Joe said with the exception that I don't view addiction as some incurable disease. I think one can overcome addiction and move past it. I've done it with booze and drugs, I'm sure it can be done with PMO.

Mostly we need a change of heart and mind; I say mostly because I believe we also need a Higher Power.