1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NOFAP is not the only way to improve yourself.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by BravelyKegger, Nov 2, 2023.

1. I have failed at quitting PMO for many years now and I am unsure I ever will quit, but I wish to give you hope in another way. I have always been shy and introverted due to my isolated childhood; I grew up never leaving the house with the exception of school, me and my sister lived in our own secluded worlds. I joined the navy a little over 4 years ago and things have changed a lot for me. I learned the importance of small talk and being able to communicate effectively with people; I never used to value those things and believed deep conversations were the only worth-while way of communicating, however, you will fail to build bonds like that. I have been practicing my grammar and I am trying to be a better supervisor/leader; I do not wish to live my life in the background anymore. Possibly the most important thing I have learned is bravery, you must be brave and step outside of your comfort zones; have the courage to try things and no longer let yourself be controlled by your fears! The last thing I would like to mention is the importance of listening to the feedback of those around you; if multiple people are saying something negative about you, it's possible you need to change something about yourself for the better. Have the courage to change!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2023
    Eyeglass, Embark39, Nasyb and 3 others like this.
  2. Matrofe

Matrofe Fapstronaut

I understood what you were saying I would like to add the second part of it. That is true of couple of people are pointing that for instance being a thief is bad it in reality is hence the person has to change the demeanor but it could be that other person is just among wrong people and their mutual mind about that certain person is endemically wrong, so it that situation the voice of majority is not the right path.

Hamza Ji likes this.
  3. Yes. Bad company will corrupt good character and morals. I have never been one to believe the majority is always right, that is blind and thoughtless.

4. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

So I think it's awesome that you've grown beyond the restrictions that your childhood forced upon you. That is truly amazing! I think you should probably think about applying that ability to change (that you used to stop isolating) to learn to quit PMO. It sounds like you may have given that up. And if that is the case, it's always worth giving another shot to fight this addiction! Because if people are telling you that irritability, anger, sadness, or maybe even depression are affecting you in a very negative way, regardless of whether they know about your addiction, by your own admission in this thread, that is all feedback you should consider making changes with.

Just my two cents.

Good luck!