1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NoFap and Crossfit

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ASmitty, Dec 18, 2016.

1. ASmitty

ASmitty Fapstronaut

Any other NoFap users out there do Crossfit ? Its been my lifeline since giving up PMO.

Sailor93 likes this.
  2. Sailor93

Sailor93 Fapstronaut

Same here! One of the best choices in my life to change from an ordinary gym to a Crossfit!

ASmitty likes this.
  3. Sailor93

Sailor93 Fapstronaut

Its really something I can recommend to fellow nofappers. Its a very intense form of excercise with a huge mental challenge: "Can I finish one more round before the time is up?" "One more minute to go, dont give up!" So its real character building. Crossfit is also a community, people train/suffer together. Some trainings are in teams. There are people of all ages. Last week I had a crossfit cristmas wod with almost every member of the box, amazing! So if you want to socialze more, and train at the same time, crossfit is something for you!

I've trained in a regular gym for 4 years and feel that in a crossfit, you are much less judged by others. Everybody has their fitness level and does what he/she can, with a coach to assist him/her. At the end of the workout, even the fittest guy is grasping for breath, you all end on the same level. In a regular gym, people look and comment on every move you make, they mock with what you're doing, sometimes without offering any help or advice.

pure-eyes_opening and ASmitty like this.
  4. joarev85

joarev85 Fapstronaut

Yeah. I used to do CrossFit when I had time.. now I am doing tabatha, which is kindof siminar except you dont move from station to station. Also here you train willpower that can prevent you from PMO. Our tabatha is 20 sec workout, 10 sec rest, 20 sec workout.... "you can always do one more push-up."

SuperFan, ASmitty and Sailor93 like this.
  5. The |E|volutionary

The |E|volutionary Fapstronaut

Not going to lie, I'm seriously looking into crossfit. The only reason I haven't hit up the local gym is money. Over 100 notes for a membership when I'm a part-time worker. But crossfit is in the DEFINITE future. You hear me? DEFINITE!

joarev85, ASmitty and Sailor93 like this.
  6. ncas01

ncas01 Guest

Trust me you will not regret joining Crossfit. I have joined about 6 months ago and I have seen more results in the past 6 months than going to the gym for years. On Netflix, there is a documentary called The Fittest Person on Earth (or something like that). It will give you motivation to join.

7. to expensive..

check out Scooby 69 on the youtube or google him.

SuperFan likes this.
  8. Sailor93

Sailor93 Fapstronaut

It's expensive, but at the other hand you get help and motivation from a coach, a community and new people to meet and befriend. In my crossfit, we go for drinks every month, we have barbeques, etc. It's so much more than just training.

Deleted Account and ASmitty like this.
  9. MattRN

MattRN Fapstronaut

I always recommend crossfit.
    Love the community atmosphere
    Great motivation
    Some really great people are involved with crossfit.
    Easy to visit anywhere in the world and fit right in.

What boxes are you guys in?
    I'm in Monroe NY

10. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

I can't help but post this ... it's just too damn funny.

(this guy's entire YT channel is hilarious)

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  11. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Isn't crossfit a cult and also a great way to get injured?

12. BlueBalls

BlueBalls Fapstronaut

I'm halfway through the insanity fitness program. I also train kickboxing 3 times a week. It really helps to curb those daily temptations

13. MattRN

MattRN Fapstronaut

Not a cult and you only get injured if you lift wrong.

It's a great way to learn to lift and be taught properly.