1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NoFAP: A gigantic challenge

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Stommy

Stommy Fapstronaut

I would like to share this reflection: 2023 was for me a year in which the sum of days of sobriety numerically exceeded the days with PM.
    I haven't achieved great streak numbers, I've always fallen to the max around 50 days. But adding it all together this is the positive thing. It hasn't happened to me since I was 14 that a calendar year had the majority of days free from PM.
    For this I rejoice and thank God.

I then asked myself, has this achievement of mine improved other areas of life? And maybe the answer is no. Without PM I know that I won't become a superhero but I thought that this would improve large areas of my life: in family relationships, in professional performance, in improving eating and sporting habits, in improving Fede's life.
    Unfortunately I didn't see much improvement, it certainly would have been worse if I had fallen and relapsed several times like in previous years, but I expected something more...
    What do you say?

Mara43 likes this.
  2. Stommy

Stommy Fapstronaut

Let me be clear, I don't want to go back and for me these small achievements have strengthened my awareness of the PM disaster.

Mara43 likes this.
  3. Stommy

Stommy Fapstronaut

Praise God!

Today marks 60 days without PM!!!

It seems incredible to me, I didn't think I would be able to reach such a goal. Since I fell into this sin, almost 25 years ago, I had never been so many days in sobriety. It's my record.

I am aware that I could fall today but these weeks of sobriety have made me understand some mental and spiritual mechanisms that bind me to this sin. Apart from the numerical record, I treasure these teachings.

Thanks to you and the whole forum. Thank Jesus Christ!

Mara43, pmg and (deleted member) like this.
  4. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I am so glad to read this post! I know how good it feels to achieve some degree of freedom from this sin and I am pleased you are experiencing it too. Be assured, it gets even better. Congratulations! Keep seeking grace.

Mara43, Keli and Stommy like this.
  5. Stommy

Stommy Fapstronaut

6. Stommy

Stommy Fapstronaut

After 76 PM-free days I fell.

I had never achieved this level of sobriety. Never for 25 years now.

I treasure the achievement and look to the future of this journey with confidence. I still have to grow in Faith to be able to eliminate all this.

thank you all!

Keli and Fulton like this.
  7. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

This is a great step but please, please, please, be aware of the danger of a binge. Learn from my pathetic example. I have experienced it too many times following a streak of sobriety. I pray you will seek the grace afforded by the Sacrament of Confession, Holy Communion and copious prayer. I pray you can avoid letting this small fall turn into a streak of offense.

Mara43, Stommy, Keli and 1 other person like this.
  8. Great achievement, so keep at it! We should not be surprised by our falls, so don't get stuck the negative feedback loop of "how could I" or "I can't believe I did this". Thank God for the 76 days and trust that with His help you will be able to overcome this completely.

Mara43, Stommy, CPilot and 1 other person like this.
  9. Newman71557

Newman71557 Fapstronaut

I am with you brother- fresh from the field of battle, ready to fight with you.

Mara43, Stommy and CPilot like this.
  10. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

This is most excellent advice. A bit of shame is useful for directing our conscience but the devil often uses shame to bring us to the point of doubt (doubt in our innate goodness as built into us by God), and despair in the possibility of obtaining holiness. The fact that we are each here, reading each other's words and seeking to improve is proof that our conscience is working. We need not allow shame to take us any further. Rather, this is a time to remember God has created the path for us to live eternity as happy, beautiful, saints. We are the prodigal son(s) returned to the Father's house where He wishes to put a golden ring on our finger and cloth us in the finest robe. He doesn't ask us to demonstrate that we deserve these gifts. He knows us intimately and wants to give us His gifts anyway. How magnanimous, gracious and loving is Our God!

Mara43 and Stommy like this.
  11. Stommy

Stommy Fapstronaut

You're right, you're right.

Just after my relapse of the last few days I remembered the words that a priest said to me in confession 20 years ago... he warned me against continuing with falls after falling only once. Coincidence?

Thanks friend!

Mara43 and (deleted member) like this.
  12. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Been there, done that. The need to be strong at this point is vital. Sweep the demons from your house by seeking God's grace in abundance.

Mara43 and (deleted member) like this.
  13. We all have to start somewhere and for a lot of addicts that point is to first make the resolution to not binge when we fall.

Mara43 and CPilot like this.
  14. DJS

DJS Fapstronaut

Witam
    Tak mam. Przychodzi myśl, pragnienie zobaczyć p. Staram się odrzucić, myśleć o czymś innym... Niby jest dobrze. Ale w głowie to jest za chwilę wraca jakiś obraz lub pragnienie bliskości.... Walka krótka analizowanie a i tak upadam i znowu PMO... Jestem smutny że zawiodłem siebie, dane słowo Bogu. Brak mi sił i chęci do zmiany

Gladwell1 likes this.
  15. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

We all lack the strength and the willingness to change but through prayer for grace we can find the strength. Pray, pray and pray some more that you will allow Christ into your heart, every strand of it. Pray for God's grace and partake of the sacraments. As Catholics we have unique access to grace through Holy Mass and the Sacraments. Start with Confession and then Holy Communion. Just consider for a moment, that by attending Mass and receiving the Eucharist you are present at the last supper and you are receiving the Body of Our Precious Lord! Imagine the grace contained in the smallest morsel of Christ! Wow!

Mara43 likes this.
  16. DJS

DJS Fapstronaut

17. DJS

DJS Fapstronaut

Dziękuję +

18. lold veidel

lold veidel Fapstronaut

Takie staranie nie działa, lub lepiej mówiąc, działa na kilka chwil. Można powalczyć jeszcze siłą woli parę godzin, może dni lub mordować się kilka tygodni, a i tak upadniesz, bo podniecenie narasta. Jedyne wyjście to walczyć, ale wchodząc w modlitwę. Tylko Bóg jest wstanie zastopować żądzę człowieka i nawet jest taka rada Jezusa - 'Czuwajcie i módlcie się abyście nie ulegli pokusie''.
    Od razu powiem, że modlitwa musi być w chwili odczuwania pokusy by obejrzeć p. lub masturb. i powinna być powtarzana, aż chcica przejdzie. Pisze o tym wiele razy Mr Eko na tym forum, który to oraz parę innych sposobów stosuje skutecznie od prawie 10 lat. Inna sprawa to emocje - gniew, depresja, strach itd. oraz przykre, bolesne wspomnienia lub przewidywanie przyszłości - to wszystko prowadzi do p. i m. PMO by sobie w końcu ulżyć i zapomnieć w ekstazie o bólu. Jeśli nie zaczniesz się modlić w tych negatywnych stanach i myślach to też skończysz na PMO, bo podświadomie będziesz marzył o uldze i zawsze znajdziesz ją w tym nałogu. Trzeba ten łańcuch w porę przerwać.
    Zawsze to się powtórzy, gdy nie zaczniesz na siłę się modlić. Mówię na siłę, bo ostatnią rzeczą jaką ci się będzie chciało robić w podnieceniu, to modlitwa. Ale jeśli jej nie zaczniesz a potem nie będziesz z przerwami powtarzał (aż chcica zniknie), to skończysz tak jak zawsze.
    Stałą siłę do walki i chęć do zmiany daje tylko Bóg. Nikt inny i nic innego ci tego nie da. A Bóg zwykł dawać nie tym, co tego potrzebują, tylko tym co Go o to proszą - ''Módlcie się, a będzie wam dane''.
    Są jeszcze inne skuteczne wskazówki, ale bez modlitwy nic nie działa. NO, na początku spowiedź. Bez niej twoja modlitwa będzie słaba i bez determinacji.

Gladwell1 and Mara43 like this.
  19. That's great! Congrats! Happy for you :-D
    If you didn't see much improvement, I'd think then you still saw some, is it right? If yes, then celebrate it!
    Also, I'd think your spiritual life improved since you tried to avoid sin and enhanced your prayer, which isn't small thing!
    And, don't you feel better about yourself?
    Congrats again! With God's help you can go even further! Go ahead!

20. Stommy

Stommy Fapstronaut

I haven't written in a while...
    I'm still at it, I reached and exceeded 40 days of noPM in this round.

I could fall today but in recent months I have achieved a total awareness of the benefits of sobriety. Liberation from this vice is priceless.

Mara43 and Gladwell1 like this.