1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

No more urges

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Sunshinestar88, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Sunshinestar88

Sunshinestar88 Fapstronaut

For those of you in recovery, have you noticed a decline in sexual urges for your partners?
    My husband has not PMO in a year and since then, there has been a huge decline in sex. While in active addiction, sex was rare but still happened...now it's more rare.

2. Charfonglee

Charfonglee Fapstronaut

Normally, I would say sex desires increase after refraining from pmo and overcoming ones addiction. I would ask him directly—if you haven’t already—as to why he doesn’t desire it/ if he has a sexual disorder to see a therapist/physician.

3. PMO addiction can makes people hypersexual and very sure about themselves between the sheets. After the addiction the person has to find their own natural sexuality again. This is a process of some highs and many lows (insecure). Give it time, he needs to figure things out. You can help him by asking what he would like. And tell him what you like. Maybe it's a bit like rediscovering one another again.

Another thing is that with age, hormone levels drop. The PMO addiction kind of hides that fact. So when quitting PMO it's all of a sudden a new situation with lower hormones. It takes some time (and talking) to adept.

4. Nucleus

Nucleus Fapstronaut

You have to go through a strange period in which you have to discover your sexuality. You have never seen it. What you had before was mental illness masquerading as sexuality.

I am in a period of... how shall I put it? Er... strange sexuality: I may or may not get morning wood but sex is not really that motivating... except for sometimes.

it’s all over the place but I understand that rebooting is slower than windows 7. Even if it takes two or three years to get sexuality strong and healthy, it’s still better than being an addicted pervert.

PaulPaul likes this.