1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Nightmares after relapsing..

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Deleted Account, Oct 13, 2022.

1. I’ve seen other posts in this forum about nightmares after relapsing and people having trouble sleeping.

I relapsed at about 5:00am this morning, went back to sleep..

Had the most unsettling nightmare like my mind and body were playing tricks on me. I saw my past dog in a dream but I felt so un easy, saw a little girl at the front door and I was talking to some kid I didn’t know. I looked back the little girl was gone I saw a light come on near the side door, something grabbed me by my necklace and threw me at the window didn’t brake. Then I saw two cats and they were walking towards me I left the house and then a truck started chasing me. I flipped shit so I ran out and a truck was chasing me. “

I woke up and felt like flat faced. I went back to sleep, had another nightmare I don’t recall.

Is anybody else having nightmare after relapsing? I’ve had it before also in the past, why are we having them? Why is it after we relapse? Is it our own destructive thinking?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2022
  2. holyjourney

holyjourney Fapstronaut

i guess its the guilt of relapsing which occupies the brain

3. Brains be weird. Yeah this happens to me sometimes. Just another part of recovery. Dunno if it's worth diving deeper than that.

4. I'm starting to think this is the only exceptional reason. Even if you don't feel guilt there is subconscious guilty pleasure.

Wouldn't be bad to dive deeper. I've been interested in dream study, I can recall dreams I've had like four years ago that just randomly pop up in my head, feels pointless.

Legacy of Lost Soul likes this.
  5. Legacy of Lost Soul

Legacy of Lost Soul Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear that you are having hard times mate. It will get better soon. I havr not had a nightmares, but I have very bad reactions to orgasm (even with a regular GF) so I can relate.

Its very harsh, that such a simple thing as a sex, can have such traumatizing effects on us. I understand that u maybe used P as u say u relapsed.. still, I dont believe having nightmares after that is fair. Stay strong.

Mr. Monk likes this.

6. It's weird I've been dating for over a year with my gf and I've only just have gotten more experienced. Only thing that is not making me happy is being number down there, really unpleasing and some times I'm wondering why I'm doing it.

Legacy of Lost Soul likes this.
  7. Legacy of Lost Soul

I have the same and that is after 5 years of NoFap. Sometimes I just penetrate a woman and cant feel much, than I see her in that bliss and extasy and Im like.. what? Still, some girls are not very great feeling and some feel great inside, and its not about her being tight or not.. also, ita about learning how to use her vagina to get you a pleasure. It takes time, good partner etc..

But deffo its not like I get a female and all of sudden I have great sex with her. While what I noticed, the females actually have great time immediately no matter what.

Not sure what is going on. I dont believe Im so insensitive.

Mr. Monk likes this.

8. We always use condom's strictly. I feel if we didn't I'd actually feel more of a sensation but it's also a STD fact in place that I'm just cautious about.

9. Legacy of Lost Soul

I never use condom, I tend to have long term relationships, not a person who changes 20 girls a year

Mr. Monk likes this.
  10. That’s good and me neither.

Any person who does needs a reality check.

11. RDucky

RDucky Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

The females have a great time immediately no matter what? As a woman, that sounds way off to me.

12. Wolf7

Wolf7 Fapstronaut

seems like you got exactly what you deserved LOL. Shocked the Holy Ghost into your ass. You’ll be fine man, let that be a lesson to ya

13. loneloan

loneloan Fapstronaut

Its a detox system I think,the brain wants to desperately fight the damage you infringed,so it copes like this.
    Before my current streak which I stopped counting(its more than 100 days for sure)I did have horrible nightmares and even night terrors after p/rn use, even if I didnt fap at all.