Newbie Anyone want to join me in battle

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by styles_90, May 1, 2022.

1. styles_90

styles_90 Fapstronaut

Hey everyone,

I'm 22 year old want to come out of this endless loop.
    I tried my best but I am always failing.
    This addiction is with me for soo long I think the decade is reaching.

But now it really started to kill my self my dreams my goals my passion my vision.
    It feels like I am losing everything. I am losing my friends. I started looking down when I am talking to a person especially with girls who are my friends.

Hope you all will help me to come out of the addiction..

2. Hopmopmu

Hopmopmu Fapstronaut

We will. What have you tried so far to stop? Eliminating access and opportunity is a good place to start. Figuring out what triggers you is also necessary but harder.

3. styles_90

styles_90 Fapstronaut

True
    I am feeling like a punching bag and the emotions are punching me hard.. Its hard but I will not loose

4. Julian Baker

Julian Baker Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hi styles, welcome aboard mate. Try and get out more to start. Just to help break that cycle. Get busy and invest more time in things that will make you feel better about yourself. Losing confidence is par for the course of acting out too much, so it's important you look at as many wasy as possible to reinstate that confidenc. By any means necessary. I know it sounds easier said than done, but seriously, start looking at ways to get out more, even if that means going to the gym late at night, or getting a delivery job. Just break the cycle first and build from there.

styles_90 likes this.
  5. styles_90

styles_90 Fapstronaut

Hey its my day 3 without PMO and yesterday night I had a night fall :emoji_disappointed::emoji_disappointed:.
    Is this normal??

6. Julian Baker

NoFap Defender

Totally normal and to be expected. So, allow yourself to have those moments. They happen. They are a normal part of the process, so it's best to learn to accept them. That doesn't mean that things will always be this way, as they wont always be this way, if you don't give up. If you can take the lesson from the slip by asking yourself: "Why did I do it that time?". What were the circumstances? Was I angry, bored, lonely, horny? Did I really really need to act out then, or was I just acting out in an old pre-programmed way where I didn't really give it that much effort to stop? How can I push myself a bit harder next time without beating myself up whe I give in to my urges?

Try planning for the long term and avoid aiming for short term goals which always end in you coming up short and then losing faith in yourself and the whole process. Try redrawing the line of success to a place in the future that takes away the pressure to succeeed in the immediate future. this is really important. Allow yourself to breather. Allow yourself to 'O' from time to time. Be gentle on yourself, but don't take your foot off the peddle of progress! Plan the months ahead and be sensible about what you're capable of, because history shows that you slip up again and again and again, so why would you fight against a force like that? Box clever and learn to beat your enemy with logic and planning!

If you've been acting out time and gain, year after year, you are not going to overcome your ingrained habits in 10, 20, 30 or 90 days. That just wont happen, so be gentle on your soul and plan a sensible route out.

Don't let a little 'O' or two take you away from your dreams and goals for a bigger better and brighter future!

styles_90 likes this.
  7. styles_90

styles_90 Fapstronaut

I will.
    #StayRelentless

8. styles_90

styles_90 Fapstronaut

Thankyou buddy for your words previously I had no one to talk / discuss about this,
    Now I feel quite relaxed I am sleeping well.
    A big change that come to me that I am not believing is that previously when I text someone I was very eagerly waiting for them to reply I got very tensed started thinking a lot why are not replying, why they are doing so have I said something wrong bla bla and bla which one can say overthinking, but now its all changed I feels quite relaxed..
    Great!!

9. Julian Baker

NoFap Defender

You just made a really important point. You know, from my experince, stopping PMO is not all about just stopping PMO. Stopping PMo, for me, is about learning to change the way you think and how relate to yourself and your percieved problems. So much of it is about learning to change perspectives and that is a big challenge. it's not easy to change years of mental programming, so it's reassuring to hear you say that! Overthinking things is one of the biggest blocks to success. I say work at not thinking so much about your problems and get on with thinking hard about the things that lift you and brighten your world.

So what new things have you been you doing, or trying?

Btw, great that you're sleeping well. I must admit, I do love a good sleep :rolleyes:Zzzzzzzzz.

styles_90 likes this.
  10. styles_90

styles_90 Fapstronaut

There's a lot going in my life,
    Things I am doing
    I am mentor and expert in AI and data science, this is my passion my love my life Apart from that I got a job as software engineer which I say my first step to my dream and currently I am working hard to be a good software engineer.
    The thing which this PMO took away from me is that I love to read books during my free time and share my learning to the world bu writing wonderful articles but this is not happening right now, but now I am writing these lines to you, just now swear to god I am getting the feeling to start reading the books that I left..

Thankyou whoo whoo
    My mind is thinking differently this has never been in past many days maybe year...

Before I started talking I was feeling sad don't know why but now its all gone

This community is a blessing....

#StayRelentless

11. Julian Baker

NoFap Defender

That's really great to hear Styles. It can be so frustrating to have a passion for something but loose the desire to engage in it. Especially when we are passionate. What else is there to do when we loose motivation to embrace our passions!? I also think reading in particular is a great tool to help overcome pMO because it helps contain the mind in so many ways. Acting out causes so many mental imabalances whereas reading does the exact opposite. What do you like to read?

Well done too for being a mentor too. I know the guys here at Nofap are always up for volunteers, so maybe you could link up with them as they develop stuff for the site all the time, I believe.

SAo how's the NoFap going. Happy with your outcomes? Learning new things, reaching new goals?

12. styles_90

styles_90 Fapstronaut

** Acting out causes so many mental imbalances whereas reading does the exact opposite. **

This line is amazing I have ro quote you
    Whenever I use this..

My NoFap is going amazing
    The day I joined NoFap it completely changed my life 180 degree I am very happy.

I believe my thinking power is increasing & I am becoming more calm.

This is the place where I can talk my heart out..and that's relaxing to me.

Thankyou for appreciating me!

13. styles_90

styles_90 Fapstronaut

Hey I am feeling very low I don't know why, I am feeling like I should stop talking to everyone..
    Thr reason is simple i talk to a girl and we were nice friends but few months ago we stopped talking I just can't stop thinking about her.
    Recently I saw her all the flashback memories started coming in
    I am just feeling like everyone is selfish in this world i should not talk to anyone...

What don't know what to do
    If you ssk me are u heartbroken my answer will be yes

I want to talk to her but how I don't know

I want this time to pass please

its hurting me

14. You're a normal guy. Heartbreak is a sign that you actually care about things and people. Don't think about her too much tho, gotta move on. There will be another girl who gets into talking to you. Time helps.

15. styles_90

styles_90 Fapstronaut

Wish time will heals. In need of a deep hug and yours are those
    Thankyou

Nathan4 likes this.
  16. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

I've experienced all the feelings discussed thus far in this thread. The main thing for me is how I respond to those feelings. Will I run from them and fall deeper in to self-pity...eventually acting out? Or will I sit in the feelings and take the necessary steps to have self compassion...as I'm human and feelings should be felt. When I practice self compassion and realize I'm human, things usually work out much better for me. Beating myself up is completely counterproductive to my recovery. I'm practicing self compassion much more now and praying for my obsession and compulsion to be removed. So far, this recovery is going much better. I seem to learn more and more each time.

I wish you the best my brother!

styles_90 and Nathan4 like this.