1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie All Around

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Stans4Me, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Stans4Me

Stans4Me Fapstronaut

So... I'm new to this forum and to the whole "NoFap with Support" thing, and it's really great! I've been looking around and a couple things jumped out at me right away; 1) It's a truly supportive site with encouragement, advice and humor and 2) everyone (well most everyone) is in a very unique situation. But 2 does not stop 1 from happening which is really great.

As a newbie I come with my own unique situation. Living in the Caribbean, Jehovah's Witness and dealing with SSA, it's a bit of challenge to find a AP, but it doesn't exclude me from sharing and benefiting from support and advice. Hopefully I can give a lot of both and receive the same, so if there are any JW Caribbean who can be AP (tempting as it might be to come to the Caribbean given the weather) will love to hear from you. I'll post as often as I can and share what I can.

Thanks for reading!

Stans

2. dedManfapping

dedManfapping Fapstronaut

Welcome and thanks for the friend add.I did a lot of reading here before I posted and came to the same conclusions as well.Agree that everyone is unique,but with pretty much the same problem,which in my opinion is a very sick society that promotes damaging behavior.I have found some great information and advice here and it`s well worth reading older posts too,not only to see what some did to succeed,but more importantly why others fail.The most important tactic I believe is to avoid visual/mental triggers/stimuli.Define your goal,avoid triggers,be strong,and you will succeed.

Caribbean winter sounds a whole lot better than my Canadian winter lol.

3. Array

Array Fapstronaut

Hey, I'm a Witness too, you've probably found an AP already but if you haven't, just pm me. I know I'm not Caribbean but we could at least be online APs.

BTW, congrats on your 50 days :)

4. Peter L.

Peter L. New Fapstronaut

Hi Stans

Just searched for jw's here like me. Would like to find an AP, but I see you've already had a few volunteers, but if you still have some time to check up on one more. I also have SSA issues, but keeping up the fine fight, so if you're also determined to do that then it might be helpful. Not from the Caribbean though, northern Europe. Anyhow, if possible then hope to hear from you.

Peter

5. IGY

IGY Guest

600+ days - that is truly impressive brother! Well done! :)