1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New Year, New Me?

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Miskeen, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Miskeen

Miskeen Fapstronaut

Hi all,
    I am really struggling hence why I am here. My sexual behaviour is somewhat problematic. I feel I have fallen back to my old habit of a teenager without the care in the world once indulging into PMO.
    I have read the Gary Wilson book (not all) at the same time as seeing a counsellor which helped. I have also been to SAA.
    I am struggling mentally at the moment and need to stop. My intention is for when the new year comes to go again (Oh how many times I have been here before). I don't know what I am searching for creating this thread. I am planning to go No PMO until the new year, and after that continue. I know how difficult this is, I have stopped before when I seen the counsellor for 6 months. The best period in my life. I am open to help and suggestions. I will post here tomorrow at approx 9pm UK time for an update on how my day has gone. Look forward to some support.

Jefe Rojo, kalurom, Robbiebob and 2 others like this.
  2. wenguin1

wenguin1 Fapstronaut

Hello hello!

I'm also looking forward to a year with no PMO. Just letting you know that you are not alone!

Robbiebob likes this.
  3. Miskeen

Miskeen Fapstronaut

Hello!

Thank you for your encouragement, lets do this!

Robbiebob likes this.
  4. Miskeen

Miskeen Fapstronaut

Relapsed! Already. Friday is a new day.

Robbiebob likes this.
  5. Miskeen

Miskeen Fapstronaut

Another miserable day of relapse.

Robbiebob likes this.
  6. Robbiebob

Robbiebob Fapstronaut

Hay... Chin up & get back on the Saddle....
    And no.... You are not a failure!
    A tremendous amount of us have been there so you are not alone.

Jefe Rojo and Miskeen like this.
  7. Miskeen

Miskeen Fapstronaut

Hey, Thank you for your kind words of encouragement.

Day 1.

Robbiebob likes this.
  8. Miskeen

Miskeen Fapstronaut

Day 2 complete. Watched P and some edging days 1 and 2. However no O. I guess thats a start. Still feel like a failure, no motivation!!

Robbiebob likes this.
  9. Robbiebob

Robbiebob Fapstronaut

Look my friend..... I have been there more times i care to remember... But... Try not to put yourself down.
    Try small achievable goals like say going for a week with no PMO & then maybe extending for another week.... anyway....just an idea.
    Chin up & tomorrow is another day with possibilities.... I have faith in you.

Jefe Rojo, Miskeen and I-RISA like this.
  10. I-RISA

I-RISA Fapstronaut

Hi,
    I totally agree with Robbie, don’t put yourself down! Instead look at your achievement, you changed your attitude already, and your actions are changing. Take one little step at the time. Now in my experience it is essential to determine which part (P/M/O) plays the most addictive role in your life and start excluding that. For me (as for most people I assume) it’s P. Stop looking at it, stop indulging in thoughts about it, stop replacing it by other erotic images. Look at your behavior, what are you using PM for? Which needs are you replacing? What can you do to meet your needs in another way (i.e. sports, meeting friends, reading and so on..)
    I’m a therapist in an addiction clinic and it pretty much works the same with PMO.
    Btw I do struggle myself and have relapses occasionally, PMO is a serious thing to face. Be proud of yourself! ;)

Jefe Rojo, Miskeen and Robbiebob like this.
  11. kalurom

kalurom New Fapstronaut

lets do it

Miskeen and Robbiebob like this.
  12. Soberjasper

Soberjasper Fapstronaut

good luck brother! you can do it!

Robbiebob and Miskeen like this.
  13. Miskeen

Miskeen Fapstronaut

Hi all,

many thanks for all your encouragement. I agree that my mindset has changed, and i need to remember that prior to getting my head in the right place I was indulging without a care in the world.
    After reading the messages, i agree it’s important to know what it is, for me its P. Theres times where i have watched it for the sake of it! I need to do small achievable goals as thats what got me to 6 months Hardmode. Today i have watched P, but then switched it off, as i didn’t wanna O due to the feeling of guilt and sorrow.
    Tomorrow brings a new day. My goal is to go the whole day without PMO.
    I know what i need to do, change my morning routine and to keep busy at work as i had a really unproductive day due to the blues of being back from my annual leave.
    Thanks again all. This is really helping me to reflect.

Jefe Rojo and Robbiebob like this.
  14. Miskeen

Miskeen Fapstronaut

Hi all,
    As I prepare to sleep, spare a thought for me tomorrow! I don’t want to let my self down. God bless all!

Robbiebob likes this.
  15. Miskeen

Miskeen Fapstronaut

Hi all,

This morning i avoided the habit of watching P, not looked all day and have avoided any leading images/videos which are semi explicit. I have faith that i will reach 24 hours with no PMO.
    Just wanted to share it, for myself to reflect as i was in a rut. Not getting to ahead of myself but its a start atleast!

Jefe Rojo, I-RISA and Robbiebob like this.
  16. I-RISA

I-RISA Fapstronaut

Keep up the good work, your thread is giving me more motivation than ever to be strong myself!
    I noticed that within the first ten days there could be triggers like seeing semi explicit stuff on yt an insta. Resist the urges if they’re not too strong, otherwise try to distract yourself by changing your activity, going for a walk, sports/push-ups, engaging in social life and so on… in an emergency it can help to take a cold shower just to remind yourself about your decision.

Jefe Rojo and Robbiebob like this.
  17. Miskeen

Miskeen Fapstronaut

Day 2 completed no pmo! I know I have been here before but its nice to reflect on the achievement. Thanks for all the replies as it helps me stay strong. I don’t even know you all, but i feel like i owe you guys something for encouraging me! So thank you!!!

Robbiebob likes this.
  18. Miskeen

Miskeen Fapstronaut

I have found walking to be a great tool. It kills urges especially if you walk in the evening after work. Its hard at time due to the weather but it helps relax the body! Tiring it out to sleep. Also i find it a form of meditation! We have all got this!

UltimateTest and Robbiebob like this.
  19. Miskeen

Miskeen Fapstronaut

Day 4 no pmo. Feeling good and it been slightly easy, as i feel not in the mood! Don’t know if i am on a flat line or not?!

I-RISA and Robbiebob like this.
  20. Miskeen

Miskeen Fapstronaut

Hi all, day 8 no PMO. Well i say no PMO, but have watched P only to turn it off because i remind myself i am better than this. Its a long way from how i was feeling before i started this, so i guess it is a good thing. I know its not ideal to even switch on P for a brief moment of 2-3 moments before switching it off. I am hoping having cut out the MO, i will cut out the P. I know for myself they are all interlinked so i need to refrain from all. Will see how this week goes with No PMO, its just the boredom that leads me to looking at P before shutting it down after 2-3 mins. I have been trying to go for a walk however the weather is not great. Walking is the only thing which helps but i am sure i can find another interest.

Robbiebob and I-RISA like this.