New relationship. Different frame of mind

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Flimsyfryingpan, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Flimsyfryingpan

Flimsyfryingpan Fapstronaut

After all these several year gaps of being single. I am now involved. Felling good and ok about everything, but trying to be much more mindful to her and have been making much more of an effort of quitting PM.
    I realize I have a long way to go. I am also realizing how much this sickness has poisoned my mind all these years. The person I'm with is real and not a bunch of pixels on a screen. She looks nothing like those ladies I once watched and no matter what I have to accept that. Its going to take lots of getting used to...
    I have chose to take the route of not telling her about all this due to the fact that im already an alcoholic several years into recovery (she knows ) and just dont want to stack that onto her also. Thats just me.
    Anyways im here again because this is the only place I can be open about all this.
    B

Nicko Stretch likes this.
  2. I feel happy for you! I really hope you will get along good and get closer to each other.

3. Nicko Stretch

Nicko Stretch Fapstronaut

I have found so much benefit from applying substance addiction interventions to sexual addictions. Congratulations on your relationship :)