New Realizations

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Cinimod.htims99, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Cinimod.htims99

Cinimod.htims99 Fapstronaut

This whole journey of self improvement for me has become more than about nofap. I realize something about myself in high school. The only time I was truly happy was when I was successful through wrestling. I didn't put enough effort forward in other aspects in my life. I realize I can no longer only try to be the best wrestler I can be. I have to try to be the smartest person I can be, the best overall athlete I can be, and I gotta be able to connect to people. High School could have been a lot better for me if I cared more about other factors in my life. My addiction to fapping lead to me not taking enough interest in a lot of things. I was lazier, more socially awkward, and didn't think about much beyond what happened on the mat. Hell even with the friends I did have, I didn't connect with or even hang out with them as often as I should have. I realize I can continue to wrestle, and continue to be successful, but there are things I need to change in my life. Even if I am a successful college wrestler, what will I truly have waiting for me after 4 or 5 years of competition. Yeah I'll probably have a job, and a degree, but unless I can reach my potential in every aspect, not just wrestling, I won't be happy. I'm not starting college until the fall of 2019. I will be doing some traveling in the next year. But mostly will be doing a lot of training. But even within the last few weeks, I have started to improve myself little by little. I have dedicated myself to calisthenics. I run more often. I eat healthier, and not just during wrestling seasons when I'm about to be weighed in. Hung out with some of my friends more often. I masterbate less than I used to, with some relapses along the way. But in order to become the person I believe I can be, I need to continue to workout, run, eat healthy, and not masturbate. But in addition I need to read more, meditate, and be more willing to talk to people. This journey isn't simply to get girls, as it is for many people. Would I like to have a girlfriend? Sure, I wouldn't mind. But my own self improvement is the most important part of this journey. Will it be easy? No, but nothing worth while in life is. So to everyone on this thread we can all do this. This isn't just about nofap, it's about realizing our full potential in our lives.Above all remember, discipline over motivation. If you can make yourself more disciplined, you won't run out of motivation. Good luck to you all.

Deleted Account and Awakeatlast like this.
  2. Cinimod.htims99

About a couple of days. Less if I'm not staying in a hotel room with my teammates during the competitions. Honestly I've been a successful high school despite this addiction. But I realize college wrestling is a whole different animal. If I can't control my urges, I believe won't be able to adjust to this level.

3. Cinimod.htims99

I'm not really much of a drinker anyways. Have been drunk only a couple of times in my life. Despite PMO, I was a successful high school wrestler. Won a decent amount of tournaments, including our state qualifying tournament. 2x state place winner, state finalist. Should be a state champion, but some bs went down in my finals match and I got screwed over. Beat a couple of state champions, placed at some really tough tournaments that involved multiple states. But I believe I have to go without PMO to get anywhere in college. I want to be an All American and National Champion, and if I have to give up fapping to do it, then fine.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  4. Cinimod.htims99

Also wrestling 141, 149 if I put on more muscle mass. Trying to keep the body fat lower off season so I won't have to cut as much weight.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Awakeatlast likes this.
  5. Cinimod.htims99

Wow those are quite the achievements. Honestly I was pretty bad at wrestling growing up. I started when I was 7. Up until my 6th grade year, I was losing most of my matches. 7th thru 9th grade wrestled JV, because the state I was in allowed middle school kids to wrestle at the high school level. 9th grade I achieved everything there was to achieve on JV. Then made the varsity as a sophomore, was a match away from going to state. My sophmore year could have gone better, but I spent too much time cutting weight. Went from like 143 to 120, every week I cut like 15 pounds, then I did better later in the season because I went up to 126. After I moved to another state due to family reasons, took 3rd at state as a junior, 2nd at state this year as a senior. Just wrestled closer to my natural weight by going at 138 the last two years. Actually did win state in freestyle as a junior, was 4th in Greco the same year. But I'm hoping to continue and do better than I did in high school at the college level. I know once I start college wrestling, my high school accomplishments won't mean anything. Pretty much every guy I'm going up against is a state placer or state champion. So I figure maybe this nofap will give me some extra focus and energy I didn't have in high school. If not, at least I'm kicking a bad habit. But I believe this will help me in many ways in both wrestling and life. I just don't know to what extent yet. Either way to become the best college wrestler, be an All American and National Champion, I need all my focus to be there.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Awakeatlast likes this.