1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New member, addict and bipolar

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Deleted Account, Feb 13, 2019.

Am I able to recover ?

Poll closed Feb 23, 2019.
  1. ways to recover

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. possibilty of recover with existence of mental illness

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. gradual recovery

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. I am a new member here. I have been exposed to sexual harassment at a very early age. After that, i have been exposed to sexual content also at an early age by accident. After that, I have entered in PMO cycles. I have tried to recover from it many times (hundreds of times) with no success. I have struggled for years. I have suffered from remorses, very low self-esteem, very difficult adolescence. I even saw myself ugly. I have experienced love. I failed to have a normal relationship. I entered PMO cycles at the age of 13. I suffer now from Bipolar disorder from 10 years. (It is a chronic mental disorder with maniac periods and depressive ones with delusions). I tried to not fight it and to stop remorse to get better at least psychically. But I realized it is not a real solution, it is only an escape for a short time.

Ash.k, Voador and Deleted Account like this.
  2. Welcome here @ziadisk123 , and thank you for sharing your story. That take courage. I too have issues with early childhood trauma, being exposed to sexual content at a young age (not by accident, though; the person who showed it to me knew better), and I have spent my life dealing with mental health issues because of it.

You came to the right place to get help with stopping the PMO cycle. This community is supportive and helpful. We need each other in order to overcome our addictions. We need to encourage each other. I wish you all the best in your NoFap journey. Feel free to message me anytime. :)

ImpureHuman and Deleted Account like this.
  3. ImpureHuman

ImpureHuman Fapstronaut

Welcome to the community. I don't know what to say, your story is too much for a person. But you have courage and mind to fight that. You can find encouragement, support and strength from here..we will be happy to see you win the addiction and your inner demons. Wish u a good journey ahead :).

4. Thank you guys for the welcomings :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2019
  5. Ash.k

Ash.k Fapstronaut

Hi there, thanks for sharing your story on here, reading stories like yours helps me feel not alone with this, we are collectively in this together, welcome

Deleted Account likes this.