1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New guy: what should I expect?

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by corvan3, May 14, 2014.

1. corvan3

corvan3 Fapstronaut

I'm new here and don't believe I've got a problem. However I've also repeatedly failed to restrict masturbating to just once a week and have done so 2-4 times for quite a while. What can I expect from going through the nofap process?

2. Breaking Fap

Breaking Fap Fapstronaut

Welcome.

Before I answer your question, I first have to explain how this NoFap.org basically works.

First point: The formalities:

This can be a good place to start with, as the case may be.
    You dont have a problem,which is true. This thing, other people call "problem" , sometimes "addiction",
    is something you brought into your life by your own decision.

Call it addiction if you like, no matter how you call it, it is your creation and the naming does not effect any progress.

Second point: Concerning your earlier approaches:

Don't surpress anything, that would just postpone the truth and you would waste your time. If you can not hold back Fap, do it gently.
    But ask yourself, what you get out of it. If you really see a benefit in this, then go on fapping, there is no problem about that. And...

if you seriously found something, call me back.

Third point: Why are you here/How to use this effectively:

You are here to actually communicate your "problem" with human agents. That's basically it.
    Try to observe and understand others. This Forum is a good environment for self-observance.
    Observing people with almost the same story helps to gain awareness.

If you are serious, then you will do regular contributions.
    Therefore if you don't do regular contributions, you at least recognize, that you may not be as serious as you thought.
    I am here for about a week, and I do daily posts to show myself, that I am serious about change.

Fourthpoint: Expectations:

I can tell you what I recieved on my one week so far. My urges are reduced.
    I have the feeling, that with community support I can quit Fap completely.
    The fact that I communicate now, gives me the opportunity to reflect, which I would not have without NoFap.org

This is enough for one week. Sorry I am too tired to continue.
    Try it yourself.

Breaking Fap

3. Dogwood

Dogwood Fapstronaut