New Beginnings

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by CapnCookYo, Jan 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. CapnCookYo

CapnCookYo Fapstronaut

I believe that if I want to be successful with this I need to be all in. No more “one foot in, one foot out” shit anymore. I’m ready to make serious changes mentally and environmentally in my life and I know it’s not going to be easy but I know it’ll be worth it. First off, I’m cutting out all social media besides NoFap/YBOP/educational sites as I’m a social media addict who craves attention and likes, always craving that next hit of dopamine. It’s been 2 weeks without Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat and I’m already starting to feel more confident and comparing myself less. Also popular media tends to be oversexualized and its triggering when I come across a girl in a thong or something of the like when I’m on a NoFap streak. No more justifying a “peek”. No more MO without P. No more fantasizing. I need to recover from this and I’m ready this time. I’m fuckin ready.

“You can’t keep dancing with the devil then wonder why you’re still in hell”

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Yep get off the emotional rollercoaster ride and be ruthlessly practical about reaching reboot. Even if you mess up learn and grow, figure out how far back you started slipping and set up red flags and roadblocks for next time... don't stop learning and fighting.

3. CapnCookYo

CapnCookYo Fapstronaut

Thanks brother! Every relapse has been a lesson learned, and I feel like I’m finally at a point where I can leave PMO behind, it’s not worth it because every time I relapse I get depressed and socially awkward for a few days. I need to channel this masculine energy elsewhere, towards my goals ideally.

4. One thing that was a realization for me is that it's kinda like a game. Where you have a different stronger monster to beat at different levels. The 1 day, 3 day, 5 day, 1 week, 2 & 3 week and the one month urge. Once I get past a month I have seen the worst. The urges become less and as long as I am not messed up for other reasons I can just keep on going. The point is it seems to get harder and harder but in the end the urges themselves are like dumb monsters, their tricks are the same, they rely on our not paying attention and not being on our game, once you are you figure out how to plow right through them. Like a game-level you already figured out. Imagine guys putting as much determined energy and resilience into nofap as they do in games...

Souhail and CapnCookYo like this.
  5. CapnCookYo

CapnCookYo Fapstronaut

That’s a hell of an insight, dude. I like that. When I was in rehab for drug addiction I remember my counsellor telling me “think about how much time you spent trying to get drugs and using drugs. If you truly want to get clean you’re capable of putting that same amount of effort in towards your recovery”

6. DE.HK

DE.HK Fapstronaut

I like what you said: don't wonder why you are still in hell when you are dancing with the devil.
    I guess along my project this "not letting go" attitude constitutes the main reason for relapsing.
    Now I have deleted those FBs' contacts and feel clean.

All the best buddies!

CapnCookYo likes this.