Negative effects of orgasms, even with a female partner

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Weltenwanderer, Apr 8, 2023.

1. Weltenwanderer

Weltenwanderer Fapstronaut

So, I have discovered that - for some reason - orgasms are always detrimental to my general state of being nowadays and the negative effect is pretty much always the same, regardless of whether it came by fapping or by a female. I am now 36 and I am pretty sure that it wasn't like that until about 10 years ago (back then it might have slowly started, but I didn't realize it at first).
    For me, the after-effects of orgasms are always connected to being physically weaker than before and sweating a lot more during exercise, also more brain fog, less creativity, less motivation and a general feeling of being more anxious and neurotic about things. It's almost as if my T-levels are too low, but - according to the doctor - they are rather high, and there doesn't seem to be too much prolactine either. My body also builds muscles very quickly and my body looks like that of an athlete in his early 20's, although I don't train excessively much, so low testosterone seems to be unlikely.
    I tried semen retention by squeezing the pelvic muscles, but I notice a significant lack of energy as well after that. What I also noticed is that it's somewhat manageable as long as I don't ejaculate more than once a week, but anything more than that increasingly leads to misery. I have had streaks of more than 6 months without orgasms, but there eventually came a point of diminishing returns. Any ideas on what might be going on there and what to do about it?

Pangolyn and becomingreat like this.
  2. Ascended Ninja

Ascended Ninja Fapstronaut

Yes, you're feeling chi losses. Yes everyone reports like zero differences physically after 6 months. Yes, emission multiple or even once a week will drain your chi in the long term. Healthy person easily burns like 1-2 weeks of celibacy per orgasm. Some of is literally burned hence the pleasure. Some of it is thrown into the ether in the shen state for astral parasites to consume, etc. Limit to one orgasm per two months. If girlfriend not happy with happy, get recked. Modern lifestyle and standards is insane. Unfortunately society does not exist to promote enlightement and progress of the individual but for something much more mundane in an entirely different tradition. Literally society (modern or modieval, etc..) does not really expect you to always make chi gains all your life.....or live a long and happy life :) Get rekt, this householder/normal life is not a videogame where you're meant to max out the character and transcend (such idea (ascension) is wrong anyway and roots in fantasy..). Supposedly in old hindu society, much more religious and somewhat awakened to the spiritual including chi; it was customary to stay celibate until 25. Also everyone was peasant in the countryside so mad health and chi gains...although it was also necessary as they faced diseases and such without even soap on hand to combat it...or toilet paper/bidets..

3. The worst is over

The worst is over Fapstronaut

Why would it be any different? Physically, they are identical. Therefore the physical result is the same. The only difference is possibly mental, in terms of your ego.
    What’s going on is you aren’t young and resilient anymore. The harmful things you do are now revealing themselves fully.

Mouldreth, Adnilgo and Weltenwanderer like this.
  4. Weltenwanderer

Weltenwanderer Fapstronaut

Very true. I was just wondering because in the NoFap community those seem to be considered as entirely different things, although that never quite made sense to me.

100%

5. The worst is over

Yes there are a lot of misconceptions and delusions in the nofap community. At least you can be assured for the most part that if you post in this section you’re more likely to get the right answers.

Pangolyn likes this.
  6. loneloan

loneloan Fapstronaut

if partened sex makes a man lose chi\grit\X-name for this stuff :does this mean wet dreams, which are less natural than partnered sex, logically also make a man lose chi?

Mouldreth likes this.
  7. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

Something I wonder sometimes - Imagine this scenario:

Say a man and woman are married, and have sex maybe once or twice a week, and the man has 1-2 orgasms per week.

Do you think, assuming the man/woman are believers in God, and for the sake of this argument, are also Catholic/Christian… do you think God would physically take away the negative effects of the orgasm from the man since they are having sex while married, and also in the context of a marriage covenant before God?

I sometimes think the bad feelings from an ejaculation are due to going against Gods law of sex only within context of marriage, any orgasm outside of marriage breaks the law, and therefore, results in negative effects

Or, should a man also expect the same physical punishment whether married or not after each ejaculation?

8. loneloan

loneloan Fapstronaut

Nature is the same for everyone. sin and Nature are related but not equivalent.
    for example if you have a bad diet, you get fat even if you are now a saint. (it could be argued that unhealthy excesses are a sin..but many early hermit's diets would be considered starvation-unhealth by modern experts. YMMV)

The worst is over and 500 like this.
  9. The worst is over

Ask yourself the question again, except replace the 1-2 times a week with twice a day every single day.

500 likes this.
  10. Vita Vi Reparatio

Vita Vi Reparatio Fapstronaut

So, how does this Chi stuff work?

Craig2121 likes this.
  11. Ascended Ninja

Ascended Ninja Fapstronaut

if you follow one of the 3 western religions it makes 0 point explaining. you will simply call it devil and ignore it.

12. loneloan

loneloan Fapstronaut

is chi=prana?
    I think scientists are discovering it as electro-magnetic energy. supposedly full lotus + horse stance for 2 hours a day are the best mix with semen retention and all 3 power each other up...

13. HealingBodyandMind

Valid points, I do not know how much though that God will alter Nature's path. Things like in the Bible how the Sun stood still, or the sea parting for the Israelites.. whether these are all 100% literal or not, I cannot say for sure, but it does hint at a behind-the-scenes Creator, who can alter the natural reality, or at least the idea that a Creator could do this. But maybe things are just how they are, without much interference from the outside, a sort of natural equality between all living things

Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
  14. HealingBodyandMind

Good point, but still, that would be an excess, like running twenty miles a day every day.

What do you think the best way is then? Do you think people should be celibate for life for optimum health? Or do you think the man should just give his wife orgasms, and learn not to have any himself?

Or would one ejaculation per week be just as healthy as being completely celibate for life? What is the best path do you think?

15. Longtime27

Longtime27 Fapstronaut

I have always noticed that orgasm tends to lead to the craving / desire of more orgasm. Even early after reaching orgasm with my partner twice in the past 14 hours, I came home and felt the need to fap to experience the sensation again.

Fortunately I've been able to control and meditate, but it seems like many folks on here also struggle to gain control of the orgasm cycle. My point being, the main negative is that it seems to induce craving / repetition, and thus can keep you in a feedback loop.

16. If you read Cupid's Poisoned Arrow they mention that different types of orgasm have different levels of negative effects, but all orgasms have some degree of negative effect. That's more or less what the book says. I haven't fully made my mind up about the whole thing but there you go.

Longtime27 likes this.
  17. loneloan

loneloan Fapstronaut

has anyone considered that full celibacy makes your life shorter?o_O
    I just thought of this: you live with 100x more energy, body and mental power etc...but it tires your cells so much you die quicker. like kaioh-ken

18. The worst is over

What if God’s real law is to only orgasm for the sake of reprod
    The point is our actions have consequences. God gave us free will. It’s only Christian dogmatism that’s leads some of them to believe that advice long as they’re married they can go crazy with sex. Read Corinthians, Paul talks about this. “16Do you not know that you yourselves are God’s temple, and that God’s Spirit dwells inb you? 17If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him; for God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple.” Too much sex will destroy Gods temple. God does not dwell in those that live for the flesh.

5Do not deprive each other, except by mutual consent and for a time, so you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again, so that Satan will not tempt you through your lack of self-control. 6I say this as a concession, not as a command. 7I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that. - Paul was celibate. He says as a concession, that you can have relations with your spouse, despite it not being ideal. Which is why he says avoiding for a period of time is useful to devote yourselves to prayer? Why would that be?

8Now to the unmarried and widows I say this: It is good for them to remain unmarried, as I am. 9But if they cannot control themselves, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

want you to be free from concern. The unmarried man is concerned about the work of the Lord, how he can please the Lord. 33But the married man is concerned about the affairs of this world, how he can please his wife, 34and his interests are divided. The unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the work of the Lord, how she can be holy in both body and spirit. But the married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world, how she can please her husband.35I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but in order to promote proper decorum and undivided devotion to the Lord.

You can read the whole chapter, 1 Corinthians 7.

500 likes this.
  19. The worst is over

It depends what your calling is. Celibate would be ideal for health, and for your relationship with God. But even Paul says that every man has his own gift.
    Of course it wouldn’t. That would be 52 more orgasms a year than someone who’s celibate. The best path in my opinion is to stay single and celibate for as long as possible unless you find your perfect dream woman. Then you should marry her and start a family, and make sure you remain disciplined sexually, however that may fit. The more you have it, the worse off you’ll be. As long as you recognize that each time you do it you’re making a compromise, then have at it.

20. The worst is over

100%. Ever fed, never satisfied. Never fed, ever satisfied.

becomingreat likes this.