Need some advice

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by SorryWontSayIt, Mar 2, 2018.

1. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

Edited:

So I matched with a girl on tinder, and now I got her snap after some chatting on tinder.

How fast do you guys move on to ask her on a date? Have not done too much snapping tho. I told her to add me on snapchat if she wanted to get to know me more and gave her my user name. She did it instantly which I guess is a good sign.

I consider asking her to hangout the next weekend, what do you guys think? Too soon or too late in the week?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  2. yugowolf1991

yugowolf1991 Fapstronaut

Have you sent any messages yet mate? if not I would maybe open with some kind of joke or silly remark possibly about her profile or something. Hi how are you is a terrible opener (trust me ive done the research xD) after that usually you can sense interests from the kind of messages she is sending and the response time between messages. Hope all is well best of luck!

SorryWontSayIt likes this.
  3. SorryWontSayIt

Thanks for the respons!

I have sent messages, not too many, but I got her on snapchat! Not done too much snapping with her, but I consider asking her out to do something the next weekend.

4. yugowolf1991

yugowolf1991 Fapstronaut

No problem mate!! Without being too nosey lol! how would you say the conversation is going?
    Just remember its a cliché but its true if you ask her out and she says no there really is so many more girls out there.
    What ive learned is you've just got to be a bit outgoing comfortable in your own skin and there will be interest.
    Best of luck to you mate you can do it!

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

I am female and too old for Snapchat lol, but I have been on tinder. I would just ask her to meet up, and do it quickly. I am saying this from a female’s perspective with online dating, and tinder. Women gets tons and tons of messages, and if you move too slowly she is going to meet someone else and be onto them before you ever get a chance.

HipHopHuvie and Deleted Account like this.
  6. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

7. SorryWontSayIt

Thanks for the tips! Already asked her out! :) We seem to be both very busy people so we have not set a date, but we agreed on meeting up this week! :)

8. yugowolf1991

yugowolf1991 Fapstronaut

Excellent news mate! Keep us updated haha :D

9. SorryWontSayIt

Going to meet her this weekend, we have texted a lot so it looks good!

We are just going to start off with a hike/walk the first time to a very nice area. So we will get a lot of time to talk. I am just afraid it becomes akward and noone says something. Any tips for that? :,)

10. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

The hike/walk is a great idea, because it gives you a task to complete in case the conversation lulls, and you can always talk about the sites you see, if you get stuck on topics. It is much better than sitting across from each other at dinner, with nothing to say! I know it is cliche but you really have to just be yourself, a less anxious version of yourself :). Truly in the scheme of things, if someone is going to like you, they are. What I mean is I have gone on dates with men that were clearly nervous, and bumbling, but I did not care because I liked them and thought it was cute, and as the dates went on he got much more comfortable. But if I don’t like someone, then it would be annoying. We all like to think that we have control over where or not people are romantically interested in us, when in reality we have very little. accepting that is certainly scary, but it is also freeing. Don’t do anything dumb like make a sexual comment, say something racist or sexist or say burp in her face. But beyond that you are who you are, and if you are nervous that’s who you are. If you get into a relationship the person she will be dating afterall is you, and so pretending to be someone else is not helpful. I recommend if you have Netflix that you watch the movie “When we first met.” Its a new one and quite funny. But what it shows is a man who so wants to be with one particular girl, and he has the ability to go back in time and change his first impression four or five times, in the hopes that they would end up together if only he had changed how he acted. Needless to say that does not work! So learning to let go is very important. If conversation lags, ask her about herself, where she grew up, how she got to where she is (if you don’t live in her hometown), where she went to school, what are her favorite TV shows.

11. SorryWontSayIt

Thanks for the fast respons yesterday! :)

Won't do anything dumb I hope... Now it is more to get to know her better and hopefully I will be able to have a good conversation that both enjoy :).

This may be a stupid question, but I am going to ask anyway... I have never met someone from tinder before, but when I meet her should I give her a "hello hug" or how to describe it? And do you have any tips when it comes to bodylanguage to show intrest from me to her, and what to do when the hike/walk is done? :)

Sorry for maybe asking a lot of basic questions, but I am not a "good player" in the game:emoji_thinking:

12. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

That’s not a dumb question I think it comes up a lot. There is also the question as to what to do at the end of the date :). The only thing I can say is try to take her lead. Walk towards her and see if she is receptive to hugging, and if her body looks closed off (hands crossed in front of her no eye contact not smiling ) then just stick out your hand to shake hers. Some people are huggers some just are not. I personally am not a hugger, but never got offended if someone did hug me. I really would not over focus on body launguage. If you are enjoying the conversation with her, your body will naturally replicate it. Don’t be overly touchy freely on the first date, other than the first hug, unless she initially it, then you can reciprocate. She may touch you on the shoulder or something, so that is a signal to you she’s okay with that kind of interaction. Again some people are just not touchy freely so dom’t be upset if she’s not. It may take more time for some than others to be comfortable with that. Women tend to cross their legs and point them towards a man when they are interested, that’s also something done subconsciously in most case. If she is smiling, if she is making eye contact, and if she’s not checking her phone those are all great signs. The last piece of advice, don’t put too much stock in this meet up and don’t overthink it. You may not click in person, and you don’t want to be so let down if you do not. And I know planning for every possible move makes you feel a bit less anxious, but its a false sense of security. No matter how well you plan things rarely go that way. And I find people that try to overly plan in these situations take the joy out of them, for themselves and the other person. They are so focused on if the other person likes them, body launguage etc, that they forget to or unable to enjoy the date. If you just try and let go and say, if this does not go well, if she does not like me, someone else will that normally will allow you to enjoy yourself.

13. SorryWontSayIt

Thanks again for being so understanding and responding so good and fast!

Yeah, it may be good feeling to have it planned out, hehe. My first time I actually go / ask someone on a date ever! I will just keep in mind that one time has to be the first, and I can't delay it forever. If it works out great! If it does not, I will have learnt from it! :) (About the saving, I don't know if it is smart or not, but worked so far atleast! :)

So far we have texted a lot, often she started to which I love hehe :) I have also tried to "save" some parts of diffrent topics about each other, so I can have more to talk about on the first meeting. So far it seems to work, and not it is not many days until the meeting! :)

Thanks again! :)

14. yugowolf1991

yugowolf1991 Fapstronaut

Im happy its going well mate!

15. SorryWontSayIt

Hi again, hehe.

Ehm so we are going to meet in four days from now. Both are working the days before, but the next two days she are done early at work. Do you guys think it would be weird or "creepy" if I asked if she wanted to go for a short walk at the evening tomorrow? Not as a hike walk, but just in the city or in the streets to get to know each other? If she are not busy ofcourse. Today she was just chilling, and I felt it would be a good oportunity to ask to hangout, but maybe short notice? but would love to ask still if she are not busy tomorrow? What do you guys think? :)

Or do you guys think she may think I am just intrested in sex then? Since it is saturday nigth/evening at that time, and so many drunk people o_O... I am ofcourse intrested to get to know her a lot more :) Or would it seem like I am desperate and dont have stuff to do on my own? I am talk about just if she is alone and dont do much...

Thanks for the support! :)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  16. SorryWontSayIt

I just want to say thanks for all support! :) I was on my first date ever this weekend, and it went great!

There was no problem holding a conversation with her, and she seemed to enjoy the hike. She already showed intrest in hanging out again!

Deleted Account and yugowolf1991 like this.
  17. yugowolf1991

yugowolf1991 Fapstronaut

So happy for you mate!! Sometimes you can overthink things (speaking from experience xD)
    Glad it went well!

18. SorryWontSayIt

Yeah, in my mind I was afraid it would be a interview and I would only ask questions and she answer xD But it went so easy with her :)

Also it helped for me to just write a few topics down before on I went on the date. Not specific topics but more like family, tv-show, music. Not going to specific makes it so easy to have so many topics in the topics xD :)

19. yugowolf1991

yugowolf1991 Fapstronaut

Haha yeah nothing wrong with a little light preparation :p so are you seeing her again? :)

20. SorryWontSayIt

We were talking about actually meeting again tomorrow! (That was the actuall plan xD and not yesterday). So not sure if I should just stick to the actual plan the hike there too, since we did go for a walk/hike yesterday that we did not really plan for :) xD what do you guys think? :)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018