1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Myself

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Armanii, Jan 15, 2024.

1. Armanii

Armanii New Fapstronaut

I don't know how this works but I'm extreme addicted to getting myself off and lost my job cos of it.

2. It's very unfortunate to hear that you lost your job because of your extreme addiction. If I would suggest something, it would be to seek professional help from a therapist or something like that. To be extremely addicted to something might be to hard to get free from without support from a professional. Since you lost a your job and might not got a new one already? A therapist might be quite expensive because of your financial situation without a job but if you are able to afford it or seeking financial support from your family I would highly recommend that you would try doing it.

If you haven't already, I would also suggest that you sat down with your family or some other close to you, your girlfriend/wife if you have one for example and tell them the truth that you have become extremely addicted to masturbation and that you might need to seek professional help to be able to get rid of this extreme addiction, but also for financial support during the rehab. Make em see it as a loan and that you will pay them back when you feeling better and have been able to get a new job again.

This is what I would have done if I were in your shoes, but of course it's up to you to decide how you will handle this situation. I can't do much more than wish you luck and that you one day will get free from your extreme addiction.

3. Littlefella

Littlefella Fapstronaut

PMO is the easiest recourse for stress, problems and challenges in life. Unfortunately it never addresses the problems.
    It only teaches distraction, avoidance and escapism. It moves you further away from what you need to do.
    In time, not only does one not solve the problem, PMO actually hinders them from improving. Its a double whammy of stopping and slipping backwards.

It is also a false reward. One does nothing and yet is rewarded. This teaches entitlement and makes real effort and rewards comparatively more undesirable. It becomes much harder to focus, stay disciplined and commited to our endeavors. No wonder we fail at school or work.

Commit to abstinence
    Face your fears
    Learn to live harmoniously with discomfort.
    Be rewarded only through real effort
    The more you overcome, the better you get

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024