My Voyage to Freedom!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by TheMuffinMan 2.0, Feb 10, 2015.

1. TheMuffinMan 2.0

TheMuffinMan 2.0 Fapstronaut

Hello fellow Fapstronauts,

I have been in and out of these forums for the last six months. I have tried many times at a successful reboot, but to no avail. My first account's username was "TheMuffinMan". My current username is the "TheMuffinMan 2.0". I made a new account because I believe I need a fresh start, an upgrade, a restart.

In my first introduction I did not fully explain my issues. So I have decided to retell my story.

Every since first grade I have been educated at home. I am currently fifteen and in tenth grade. This situation has both pros and cons, but regardless it means that at times I do have a good amount of time on my hands.

So one day, when I was between the ages of nine and ten, I discovered and started viewing P semi-regualarly. I continued to watch P during my preteen years. At times I would view P more, and at other times, I would view it less. This continued until sometime early in the 2014 season, when I discovered M. I added this to my ever-more-frequent P "sessions". The result was the start of a powerful addiction.

I also started playing videogames...A lot of video games. I built my own high powered PC and started playing, sometimes for hours on end. This too has become a problem in my life.

At that point, my life started to....fade for lack of a better word. My grades plumented and I remember cheating multiple times just to get my schoolwork over with. Needless to say, I fell even further behind in my studies; descisions which I now regret making. I played video games constantly, and just took a general disinterest in everything around me.

About a month ago, I told my parents of my P problem. It was a major turning point in my life. Too cut it short, we had a long discussion about addiction and other topics such as education and gaming. This is the point where I started to change...

So where does this leave me now? Well, I boxed up my PC until I can figure out what to do with it. Since I put so much time and money into it, I'd like to keep it but take a step back from gaming and use it for more creative purposes, such as music/video editing. Obviously I'm here and starting my reboot/healing process. I'm getting back into the Martial Arts and have started to learn Parkour. My grades have improved dramitically. I'm starting to think about what career I'll choose. I have also taken a summer job to fund my new various interests. In general, my life has completely changed from six months ago. Lastly, but most importantly to me, I have started praying and I believe that through my relationship with God, I can and will overcome this addiction.

I plan to start a journal soon, until then, farewell my friends!

TheMuffinMan 2.0

2. MadFarmer

MadFarmer Fapstronaut

Hi MuffinMan 2.0. That's a great story. I'm glad you're doing so well and enjoying the benefits of staying away from PMO. Keep it up! You're an inspiration.

3. db_dan

db_dan Fapstronaut

Hey, glad to hear your story! Its awesome to have parents that are supportive. And speaking as a software engineer - you can put that computer to good use by getting into programming ;)

All the best, and good luck in recovery. It is awesome to be on the right track so young.

4. TheMuffinMan 2.0

TheMuffinMan 2.0 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the supportive comments!