1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My previous experience and two cents.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by MitchA, Mar 29, 2022.

1. MitchA

MitchA Fapstronaut

I'm having problems with PMO again. Lots...but I'm doing another reset.

After quitting the first time, I met my wife and am married...so I think I'm at least a little qualified to have an opinion on a few things.

I went into finding a relationship with a mindset that I had to quit for more than 180 days, and did so. It was the hardest period of my life, but I knew any woman I talked to deserved to be dating someone clean and well...not still falling into old habits. So rule one...fix yourself first. Get to a point when rejection won't make you slip up.

Rule two...talking to girls. Not a big deal. But simultaneously if its been a while, or never...guys tend to get a little crazy. They over text and over communicate and become off putting. Just relax. Don't blow up her phone if you get a number. And if you do....CALL and don't text to ask her on a date. Avoid texting initially. If you feel too smitten or jealous..give it a few days between phone calls. If SHE blows up your phone after one day...red flag!!!!

Three, communication is important. Approach your first date like a business transaction and as a way to gauge some initial boundaries. Don't tell her your life story. Don't talk about your issues...hell don't even do that on the fifth date. Save the deep secrets. Let her experience you without them first. BUT it is OKAY to admit to her that you're a little nervous....its okay to admit its been a while. Its okay to make a joke or two at "being terrible at this". Don't fixate on it, but drop a few hints that you are if you are. Everyone thinks they're special for being super nervous but guess what...SHE is to and might even be more than you. I was on the first date with my wife, but she got so nervous she tripped and fell on her face and thought I'd never call her again.

Four. Have HIGH standards. Don't just go for looks and personality...go for background to. I dated some crazies that came from broken homes, or had ex husbands...it wasn't obvious at first. Set your standards high and take the emotion out of it. Date for a lifelong partner. Date for a woman who will care for you and your future kids...not one who is going to bring a dozen of her own issues to the table.

Five....discuss sex on the third date. No..not "hey do you wanna". If you're having trouble gauging when its appropriate to be intimate, or you're nervous...simply ask if its okay to wait. Tell her you're trying to move slowly, but want to do so at a pace she's comfortable with and you can both agree on. If you're not comfortable bringing it up, then delay the convo...but don't wait for ever. Hell, best case scenario you're both wanting to wait for marriage.

Last. Date someone with the same values as you. Political...social...moral. Date someone that is mostly on the same page.

All my two cents, and you can feel free to agree or disagree...but its all from my experience with life.

Z.e.n.o and Flaumann like this.
  2. Flaumann

Flaumann Fapstronaut

love it. thanks man