1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My first approach... I failed, but I did it!

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by LoyalKnight, May 18, 2017.

1. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

First, check out this thread of me to get more information! https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.p...not-fapping-is-not-enough.103639/#post-857987

It was actually super easy. After I approached her, I could not believe that I did it, anmd I could not believe that it was actually that easy, it was super easy. For what did I hesitate the last years?

I finally did it, and it came unexpected. She entered the room, and then I got a feeling I never got before, and I just wanted to talk to her. What do you think was it for a feeling? Love? I do not know, but I never had such a feeling before.

I regretted it for the last 2 days, constantly thinking about the chance I missed. I never had such massive regret, but that is also experience! I also told myself that it will go away, the regret, eventually. And it did. But now I acknowledged my accomplishment. I talked to a 10/10 girl in my opinion, and she basically only smiled and gave cues to continue the conversation. My mistake was I went away, but I on that point I was not even aware that it would be a mistake to go away. Back then, I just felt really proud and happy that I talked to her. Anyways, what can stop me now?

My stupidity blew it away, but there are tons of other chances waiting for me. Patience is the key. I gathered vital experience, and I will never forget this first time in my life.

I will continue to make every day so productive as I can, leaving for gym now. See you all soon and stand firm, progress is unavoidable for us, if we strive for it!

"Try and fail, but do not fail to try!"

Quiver, IamRick, Kahuna81 and 3 others like this.
  2. LivinginRecovery

LivinginRecovery Fapstronaut

Congratulations. You're doing really well. It will get easier with time. Way to go :cool:

LoyalKnight likes this.
  3. Lampard21

Lampard21 Fapstronaut

Congratz dude! I hope you find your match very soon!

LoyalKnight likes this.
  4. BrandonCodi

BrandonCodi Fapstronaut

Congrats brother! Approaching women is not that difficult and I'm glad you've come to this realization yourself. It is so easy for people to overthink these situations and freak themselves out in the process, but it is the only way you can grow and better yourself in the end.

You made huge progress by stepping out of your comfort zone here. I cannot remember the first time I did this. It was very long ago and I was very worried. It was like I was about to ride a rollercoaster to hell or something. It was such a nervous feeling and for what? Just a polite rejection? Hell I'll take that and try again. You come to realize that rejection isn't personal. It's just part of development. I'm happy for you

Cheers, brother

LoyalKnight and Lampard21 like this.
  5. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

Thank you all! I hope that too, and the same should go for you all as well!

Thanks! I did not even get a rejection, hell no. I would have preferred one though. While we were talking (and she smiled most of the time), I simply said "ok, good luck then, see you!". So it was me who finished the conversation, which was a mistake. Who knows which chance I have missed. If I did continue it for one more minute, I would have gotten a clear answer and I would not have to beat myself about the chance I possibly missed. The thing was, I even stammered once, and she kept smiling and interested in the conversation.... and I blew it. Just one more minute would have meant that I avoided days of regret. I never experienced such severe regret of not doing it. I'll remember this now.

Lampard21 likes this.
  6. I’m not so sure about that, I find approaching people especially girls to be one of the most difficult things I have ever done in my life. In fact, I find the thought of going to an interview less stressful than approaching a random girl. When you have anxiety it makes you irrational and something as normal as talking to a random person sets off your fight and flight responses. But I have done dating bootcamps in the past basically it’s a group of guys who all have approach anxiety going out with these dating coaches who show us that talking to people is not as hard as it seems and that we have built up this irrational fear. I remember one of the guys saying that I did not like approaching people but when I did the girls usually stuck around and generally wanted to talk. Whereas he likes going over and talking to people but they always ran away. Ironic…

Anyway I feel like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders I very rarely approach girls because I have too many thoughts in my head. The anxiety, depression, stress, ED, work etc… Its overwhelming I am yet to figure out a way to get through all of this noise so that I can be open to meeting people. Funnily enough when it comes to dating apps I do really well because there is no approach anxiety you just start a conversation. This is why in the past I have failed to meet girls and make connections with girls in real life I very rarely pick up phone numbers that way… But through online dating its like the floodgates open. If only I could reproduce that success in the real world…

7. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

You need to have faith, and believe in yourself! I am certain you will succeed if you keep the faith up and if you believe that you will do it - until you die. There is no retreat!

I banned online dating from my life, for obvious reasons. One is that it made me relapse a lot, and the other is that the time I put inside online dating is not worth the outcome.

What ever you may decide to do, I am sure you will succeed!

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. I’m going to try really hard to hit those 90 days. I already feel like going out there and meeting girls and getting my dating profiles back it’s a battle every day… Ideally I want to be meeting girls in real life that is how I would like to get a girlfriend but I know that I always get results from online dating. So after those 90 days I will just use both to meet people and see what happens, might as well use every method possible to meet people because you never know what might happen. I have met some interesting people through online dating its not all bad.

I don’t think I would relapse from online dating so I’m not worried about that really. It’s just another way to meet people if you look at it a different way you could say that meeting a girl in real life could make you relapse if you saw her and did nothing about it and then fapped off later t home.

The hardest part of this for me is the forced isolation of hard mode. I feel like I am not allowed to do anything until I reach 90 days at least.

9. IamRick

IamRick Fapstronaut

Congratulations man, tiny steps create big journeys, keep it up

LoyalKnight likes this.