Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Corcoran978, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Corcoran978

Corcoran978 Fapstronaut

Anyone here ride a motorcycle? This is as off topic as I can get :)
    I am currently in the process of talking myself out of getting one. I've been pre approved for $9,500 through my bank but I am looking to possibly finance a Harley Davidson Iron 883, Super Low, or 1200 Custom sportster through the local dealer... Talk about a loaded gun in hand!

2. chris33

chris33 Fapstronaut

Yes I ride a yamaha yzf600r, hope you get the bike of your dreams mate

3. Woah nice, you really need to know how to drive harley even tough its heavy its very powerfull

4. Pvnofap

Pvnofap Fapstronaut

I just bought a goldwing last fall... Before u buy consider whether u want a bike to ride around town and maybe take for a long trip or if u want a bike to take on a long trip and also ride around town. I was looking at 883 and 1200's and knew I wanted to take some long trips so I bought a wing. Also took a rider safety class and it was well worth the $$ and time. Used to ride in my 20's and now in my 50's so the instruction was life saving. I've put over 3k on my wing and waiting for the snow to melt and the weather to warm up to ride again. Life on two wheels is the best and a great solution for no PMO.

5. Corcoran978

Corcoran978 Fapstronaut

I went from considering a little HD Sportster Super Low to dreaming of a HD Fat Bob (double the price and bike of the sportster), now I'm trying to real myself back to reality. I've never really ridden a motorcycle, just in parking lots when someone is nice enough to let me relearn how to ride a motorcycle. But, lately I think it would be a nice thing to treat myself to; it will also allow me to focus on something else other than fapping. I also believe that it will open up new doors to meeting new people as I do need the social push.

This is achievable for me:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/superlow.html#!pnw

6. Corcoran978

Corcoran978 Fapstronaut

Friday, February 14th, 2014: Valentine's Day, aka Singles awareness day if you are not with anyone, and did not make plans to not be lonely, unlike I neglected to do. Yeah, pity-party, cry me a river, here is the smallest violin in the world being played for me [thumb and index finger being rubbed together]... Fuck it!

Today I talked to USAA bank over the phone and learned a few things: I can take out an unsecured lone for $4,800 to buy a motorcycle at 10.49% APR. This would get me the cash that the guy in Farmington is requiring to by his motorcycle; my bank will lend me $4,256 toward purchasing a bad ass 2007 Harley Davidson 883 Sportster that's been souped up to 1205cc's (seller is asking $4,800 cash solid) He doesn't sound like he can be convinced to take a bank's check. Banker/financial adviser recommended that I do a 3-way conference with a financial adviser to try and convince seller to take the bank's check. Loan would be for 7.99% APR, monthly payments at $117 per month (manageable). Another option was to refinance my 2009 Hyundai Sonata which has $10,325 equity with less than $2,000 to pay off. My wheels started turning and I was thinking that I could get my house re-roofed with this cash and possibly get a motorcycle too. What I need to do is realize that this is an opportunity to do something constructive and not blow it by acting hastily, which I know myself to do. I need to think about this, be proactive in looking at all the angles and let it occupy my mind space - a good distraction from sex and fapping that is for sure.
    Other things that can be done immediately too are finishing the 12' x 16' storage building that has just been built in my back yard by adding a temporary loft for remaining building materials, painting the building, acquiring a sheet metal cutting blade, cutting and installing skirting. -- This is my Nofap distraction and how I keep from relapsing today on Friday, February 14, 2014, I-love-me-day/trying-to-get my-shit-together-and-do-things-for-myself-day.

7. Corcoran978

Corcoran978 Fapstronaut

Hey Anon Hymous. That is excellent advise. Believe it or not I have tried to come to my senses regarding the purchase of such a thing as a motorcycle. I'm actually thinking of investing in a new metal roof for my house then turning it into a rental. I've realized that I just need to get excited about something. And, you are right, getting in debt with things that one can not afford is not a wise thing to do. Thank you for the sound words of wisdom; I am coming to my senses now about purchasing such a frivolous thing.

8. rideoffintosunset

rideoffintosunset Fapstronaut

I ride a honda rebel cmx250c ya its my starter bike and i haven't been riding for long but love it if i do get new one it will proberly be a ninja 300 but that long way off.
    Hope you get your harley thats a great bike

9. Hotshot

Hotshot Fapstronaut

Nice grave digger find Rideoffintosunset!

On a side note, I ride a YZF R6. Which would be a yzf600rr instead of what chris33 rides which is a yzf600r. :)

Sunset don't get a ninja 300 man. No balls to it at all. My brother had one and I drove it I didn't make it 20 feet before turning around and taking my R6 back. Get at LEAST a 600. You won't regret it. Don't listen to all the people who whine about getting 600's. They're all just jealous.

10. rideoffintosunset

rideoffintosunset Fapstronaut

Like i said it a long way off i ll proberly go through a bunch of different before i pick 1 but now that you mention it double the power doesnt sound all that bad !!!

11. harley_man

harley_man New Fapstronaut

love my bike, harley street bob, best worst decision I ever made. Im in debt for it but man is it fun. If you want a harley to start buy a used sportster. If you enjoy it, you will out grow a sportster fast and want something bigger.

12. Hotshot

Hotshot Fapstronaut

rideoffintosunset, the added power is nice. I don't ride a cruiser yet because I like to go fast. The maneuverability on supersports is amazing as well. It's so nice to get extremely deep leans in on the tight corners! Exhilerating! Nice to not scratch your nice chrome bike on the pegs every corner you take. [cruisers]